About

Per Fidem Intrepidus means "Fearless Through Faith". My courage isn't my own, it comes from the Holy Spirit, it's my faith in God and my personal savior Christ Jesus that calms my fears and allows me to move forward in this fallen world. Personally I'm afraid of a lot of stuff, but having the faith that Jesus adopted me as his little, sin filled, brother keeps me going.

Thursday, December 22, 2016

Spurgeon Thursday - Thank You Alec Satin!!!


You probably all know that I enjoy reading commentaries and sermons by Charles Haddon Spurgeon, even though it's a bit difficult for me to read only because Spurgeon wrote in Victorian English prose and I only speak Obamonian American gibberish. (That's not true, I also speak fluent Canadian (eh?) and a smattering of Australian exclamation (strewth!)

So 2 weeks ago Alec Satin emailed me and  asked if I was interested in Spurgeon's Treasury of David and that he had a set if I was interested. I said that I was very interested and completely forgot about the word "set". So just the other day the set showed up and what a beautiful set it is! A book collector would say that these are truly in As New condition and I can't wait to start studying. I've only opened them enough to know that each page is pristine, and the binding is in perfect condition. I did notice that they used quite a small typeface, but that's not a big deal. 

Each book came individually wrapped in heavy duty paper, as all books should be sent, and it was very festive (I didn't know they had Trader Joe's in NYC)

I wish this was a better picture but I took it at 4:30 AM. I should have been in my car and heading in to work but I wanted get a picture to show you all these wonderful tomes that Alec sent me. Thank you very much Alec! I thank you, my wife thanks you, and the guy down at Home Depot who now knows I can't put off installing more bookshelves any longer thanks you. I love you brother, and I pray that it is in Gods will that your search ends successfully. (you should blog your 'adventures', you need to get back to writing)

1 comment:

  1. Now that's funny! I've shipped Alec all my D. Martyn Lloyd-Jones books!

    ReplyDelete