About

Per Fidem Intrepidus means "Fearless Through Faith". My courage isn't my own, it comes from the Holy Spirit, it's my faith in God and my personal savior Christ Jesus that calms my fears and allows me to move forward in this fallen world. Personally I'm afraid of a lot of stuff, but having the faith that Jesus adopted me as his little, sin filled, brother keeps me going.

Friday, December 9, 2016

Random Bits

"I walk through this sinful world as a 
pilgrim in a foreign country" - CH Spurgeon
I think the best part of the Christmas holiday season for me is the fact that I can listen to beautiful complex choir music nonstop without raising an eyebrow. Music has always been a part of my life; piano lessons, singing in the folk mass (when I was a good Catholic lad), singing in school choir, barbershop quartets and barbershop chorus. I never got good at piano, too much of an engineer and not enough of an artist I guess, but singing! Even though that part of my life is over you can't imagine the joy I know now that I'm in a church that sings those beautiful old hymns that only people like Randy Travis or Alan Jackson record. But classical choral music was my first love, I had some wonderful choir instructors in the past and when I took music history in college a few years ago studying the evolution of choral music was a semester I'll never forget. So every Christmas holiday you'll see me on the drive home in my car, singing out Handel's oratorios and belting out the Bach. It seems like every year I get hooked on one piece and listen to it as often as possible because even a carol that's been recorded in every manner like "We Wish You A Merry Christmas" suddenly becomes a thing of utter beauty when performed by a talented, well conducted choir like the College of St. Peters College of Oxford University. This years favorite of mine is at the very end of this blog post, performed by the Choir of King's College, Oxford. It's a macaronic carol meaning that there's more than one language involved. Oh well, back to the real world...


Gaystapo Update - homosexual activists pressure the children's magazine Highlights to now depict homosexuals as "family."

Mr. Pope approved a ban on admitting men to seminary who exhibit “homosexual tendencies” because more than 80 percent of priestly child abuse at issue was of a homosexual nature. Homosexuals are a bit upset... not about the homosexual child abuse of course.

The Alliance Defending Freedom (ADF) has filed a lawsuit on behalf of two Christian filmmakers who don't want to be forced to provide services for gay weddings.

In a just world these parents would in prison for child abuse

A so called "Christian" turns her back on God because 51 years ago a blue eyed man played Jesus in a movie.

Time Magazine called Hillary Clinton the "American Moses" Franklin Graham schools Time on something they seem to know nothing about - what really went on in 2016.

The New Apostolic Reformation is a game of theological Dungeons and Dragons (DND) with one exception: DND is harmless.

A surprising list of Hollywood "A listers" who are pro life

Religion of Peace Update #1 - Daesh throws a man off the roof of a building for being homosexual. The Gaystapo remains silent about Islamic atrocities choosing instead to persecute Christians.

Religion of Peace Update #2 - Daesh captured 226 Christians in 2015. Three were killed but the rest survived and were released thanks to one man

Linus, the Peanuts character, has been expelled from Patterson Middle School in Killeen, Texas for violating the US Constitution

More Biblical historical awesome. I just love this stuff, the harder modern man tries to prove the Bible false, the more that the bible proves modern man is in error.

Speaking of historical artifacts - a more modern artifact is here in the United States: C.H.Spurgeon's preaching rail

Mr. Pope's christmas card has TWO baby Jesuses?



1 comment:

  1. Any court that approves a 5-yr-old to have a body mutilation should be disbanded, judges fired, etc. Parents should have their child taken away.

    The "religion" of Islam proves daily that it is a tool of Satan.

    Catholics and their beliefs -- SIGH!

    ReplyDelete