About

Per Fidem Intrepidus means "Fearless Through Faith". My courage isn't my own, it comes from the Holy Spirit, it's my faith in God and my personal savior Christ Jesus that calms my fears and allows me to move forward in this fallen world. Personally I'm afraid of a lot of stuff, but having the faith that Jesus adopted me as his little, sin filled, brother keeps me going.

Wednesday, September 26, 2018

WWUTT Wednesday - Are You A Pharisee?

Have you ever been called a Pharisee? I have. Not too long ago in a Twitter "discussion" I was being called a Pharisee by someone who claimed to be a Christian but his talking points were straight out of the Mark Sandlin False Teacher Of The Year 2015 playbook, all that was missing was a promise to go get drunk with prostitutes because "that's what Jesus did".

My "sin" was to quote the bible and use the selected scriptures in context with the "conversation". My antagonist didn't appreciate that his argument did not jive with what Jesus actually said so to cement his argument he branded me a Pharisee, a title I promptly ignored but didn't forget. Did he even know what a Pharisee was, did, or believe? Apparently not



No comments:

Post a Comment