About

Per Fidem Intrepidus means "Fearless Through Faith". My courage isn't my own, it comes from the Holy Spirit, it's my faith in God and my personal savior Christ Jesus that calms my fears and allows me to move forward in this fallen world. Personally I'm afraid of a lot of stuff, but having the faith that Jesus adopted me as his little, sin filled, brother keeps me going.

Wednesday, February 7, 2018

WWUTT Wednesday - Upon Further Review

Your Team just scored the go-ahead touchdown! Then the official steps into camera range, clicks on his mic and utters those fateful words
"Upon further review..."
Your Star Receiver who hauls down a hefty seven digit annual salary stepped out of bounds when catching the winning pass. Oh well, it happens. False teachers step out of bounds too, but I'll bet you don't get as upset with those who are trying to ruin your salvation as you did with that guy who just ruined your Sunday afternoon. Heck, there's false teachers who do nothing but teach people how to be false teachers. You think you're immune to the whiles of a false teacher? Jesus Christ himself said 'not so fast mister...'
"For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will show great signs and wonders, so as to mislead, if possible, even the elect. (Matthew 24:24)
I answered a question on this in another forum using Matthew 24:24 there too, but I had admitted I didn't look at the original Greek. Today I looked at the Greek. I pray that what we use is a very good translation because "if possible, even the elect" εἰ δυνατόν καὶ τοὺς ἐκλεκτούς can also be translated "if mighty, also the elect". Try reading this verse and end it with "if mighty, also the elect" It's terrifying! I have a friend or two who may be able to help with the translation here, but right now, let's use this as a warning not to step out of bounds;


No comments:

Post a Comment