About

Per Fidem Intrepidus means "Fearless Through Faith". My courage isn't my own, it comes from the Holy Spirit, it's my faith in God and my personal savior Christ Jesus that calms my fears and allows me to move forward in this fallen world. Personally I'm afraid of a lot of stuff, but having the faith that Jesus adopted me as his little, sin filled, brother keeps me going.

Sunday, January 1, 2017

2016

My dad, 12/25/1935
This past year started with the death of my father, he died just hours into 2016. I needed a doctor’s signature to travel, which was difficult to obtain on a holiday weekend. When I finally accomplished all that paperwork I returned home to take my dying dog to the vet to be put down.

At the funeral I found that my mom's dementia became so bad she has no idea who I was any more. 2016 didn't get much better, not long after returning from Dad's funeral, my wife's dog died also.

There were also problems with health insurance which involved getting a drug that would deal with my pulmonary hypertension, even my cardiologist was confounded by the paperwork battle.

Then in late spring I was suddenly afflicted with non-stop back pain, and my doctor kept cancelling my appointments forcing me to find a new doctor who sent me to therapy which helped for a little while, then the pain got worse

Meanwhile at work, my work team was shook up with management changes, work direction changes, and eventually 30% layoffs.

But we know from Romans 8:28 that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God

In the weeks before he died my father accepted Jesus as his Savior. Our dogs are out of their pain and our house is now filled with a new flock of rescued cocker spaniels. In August my wife and I were able to get away on a real vacation and spend some needed time together visiting friends and family in Florida and seeing New Orleans

The drug that my cardiologist fought for was effective and I am now able to hike up to 2 miles nonstop while at the beginning of the year a half mile mosey was the end of my limits.
In fact, most of my medical issues are slowly improving, while in Florida and Louisiana I was able to operate without oxygen

2016 was filled with sorrow and pain but also with joy and love and I spent in knowing that Jesus was with me every the way guiding me and giving me comfort, as was my church family.

No comments:

Post a Comment