About

Per Fidem Intrepidus means "Fearless Through Faith". My courage isn't my own, it comes from the Holy Spirit, it's my faith in God and my personal savior Christ Jesus that calms my fears and allows me to move forward in this fallen world. Personally I'm afraid of a lot of stuff, but having the faith that Jesus adopted me as his little, sin filled, brother keeps me going.

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Tim Tebow Signs With The Philadelphia Eagles

For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. (Romans 1:16)
Tim Tebow, who once lead the Denver Broncos to the Superbowl has signed with the Philadelphia Eagles for one year. While Tebow is famous for his evangelism and faith, the only thing the Eagles have been famous for lately is hiring a dog murderer.

Tim Tebow is not ashamed of his deep, loving faith. He begins postgame news conferences by thanking his "Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ" and ends them with "God bless." He openly prays on the sidelines and even on the field when he has thrown a touchdown. Tim is often seen on one knee in prayers of gratitude for being given the chance to play the game he loves. We Christians call it praying, newspapers and fans call it “Tebowing.”


CBS Sports openly mocks Tim Tebow's faith
Sports fans and media are not kind to Tim. They openly belittle and disrespect him and his faith, even opposing players join in the disrespect by mocking his kneeling in mock prayer after sacking him. Even sports casters openly mock his faith. I personally love to see Tim thank God above for everything he does, it does not in any way make me ashamed to be a Christian when I see this, but it does make me ashamed to be an American when I see the insensitivity and disdain he is treated to by the fans and sportscasters/writers.

Yes, I did fight for 20 years of my life to defend people's freedom of speech, but I didn't expect people to be so publicly rude about it. When Hasain Abdullah of the Kansas City Chiefs dropped in prayer to Allah after scoring a touchdown, did the gang at CBS Sports unroll prayer rugs and start singing out the Salāt? When safety Taylor Mays of the Minnesota Vikings slaps down a sure touchdown pass do the fans put on a yarmulke and blow a shofar? No, of course not, it's not fair to insult Islam or Judaism, but Christianity is fair game in the world. Of course we know that our faith and love for Jesus Christ is fair game for ridicule and persecution from the unbelievers:
18 "If the world hates you, you know that it has hated Me before it hated you. 19 If you were of the world, the world would love its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, because of this the world hates you. 20 Remember the word that I said to you, 'A slave is not greater than his master.' If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you; if they kept My word, they will keep yours also. 21 But all these things they will do to you for My name's sake, because they do not know the One who sent Me. (John 15:18-21)
Personally I say "Good on ya Tim!" I'm glad to see him back in uniform, even if it is with the Philadelphia Beagles Eagles. I fully expect the popular culture to return to their hate filled ways but Tim handles it so well, he's an example for us to follow. To rephrase Kurt Warner when he told Tim to back off: "Continue the boldness in regards in your words, and keep living the way you’re living. Let your faith do the talking for you. Let us cheer your testimony.”


Humble servant of the Nazarene,
standing in solidarity with my persecuted brothers and sisters
Blessed are those who have been persecuted for the
sake of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
(Matthew 5:10)

No comments:

Post a Comment