About

Per Fidem Intrepidus means "Fearless Through Faith". My courage isn't my own, it comes from the Holy Spirit, it's my faith in God and my personal savior Christ Jesus that calms my fears and allows me to move forward in this fallen world. Personally I'm afraid of a lot of stuff, but having the faith that Jesus adopted me as his little, sin filled, brother keeps me going.

Friday, November 23, 2012

Why a Christian Blog

Why am I writing a Christian blog?

I could do a political blog, in fact I have one, but I don't update it any more. Politics is too annoying and very heartbreaking. I dedicated my life for over 20 years to defend and protect the US Constitution only to watch the very people I protected this country from now in office and shredding it on a daily basis. This past election (along with many other things that I will eventually cover) shows that the US has gone past the tipping point, and now it's a long downhill slide until our Savior returns.

I could do a hobby blog, which would be fun, but I don't have a lot of time for my favorite hobby: railfanning. Colorado is the place to get some spectacular photographs of trains clawing their way through the mountains or shrieking across the prairies, but that takes a lot of time and gasoline. Maybe if I change my commute to parallel the Union Pacific main line...

In the end much of the things in my life that I could blog about are just vanity and striving after wind and there was no profit under the sun. However my life is now revolving in different circles and now some things in my life are very blog worthy: uplifting, encouraging, and joyful as well as terrifying, mysterious, and nerve wracking. Daily I watch as biblical prophesy comes true, right now the Great Apostasy is gaining steam and the heart breaking thing is that so many people caught up in it actually have been convinced by the false teachers that they are on the path of salvation.

There are so many things for me to blog about; my testimony, the testimony of others around me, apostates to avoid, teachers to follow, cults to avoid and how to get them to avoid you, angels and demons and saints and sinners, and always always always the word of God Himself.  As I move away from the mantras that the RCC told me would guarantee my salvation and I learn to pray properly I'll share my prayers, and as I learn to understand what the Holy Spirit is sharing with me I'll share it with you.

Right now I'm absolutely certain that at this moment this blog is my calling. Is it  a stepping stone to something bigger? I don't know, but if it is, it's probably not the ministry. I'm not very good with languages and to be a proper minister I would really need to learn Greek and Hebrew to do the job right. (Besides, I have a horrible feeling that if a parishioner came to me with some whining about church politics the ol' Sergeant will come out and brief them thusly and vigorously)

As Dr. Bill Creasy says God has given us various talents, skills, and abilities and we need to use them in our own way to glorify God. I may not be able to learn foreign languages, but I am well acquainted with the English language and I can write in an entertaining and informative manner. Firstly this blog is intended to keep me centered on God, but if one person reads this blog and picks up his bible and hears the word of God, or returns to the Lord after a time apart (which happens) then this blog is a success. So this is my ministry for now and I will do my utmost to make it true to Gods word and entertaining enough for a good read. For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may be recompensed for his deeds in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad. (2Cor 5:10) and my heart longs to hear my adopted Brother look down on me from his throne and say the words that alone will be my final reward:

"Well done, good and faithful servant!"

No comments:

Post a Comment