About

Per Fidem Intrepidus means "Fearless Through Faith". My courage isn't my own, it comes from the Holy Spirit, it's my faith in God and my personal savior Christ Jesus that calms my fears and allows me to move forward in this fallen world. Personally I'm afraid of a lot of stuff, but having the faith that Jesus adopted me as his little, sin filled, brother keeps me going.

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Follow Your Heart - not

I very often heard "Follow your heart" but is that a good thing? Google "Follow your heart" and you have pages upon pages of new age dogma, yoga, and egg free mayonnaise (which culinarily is impossible). Follow your heart seems to be a battle cry for the 21st Centuries do-your-own-thingathon

Now read Matthew 15:19 - "For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witnesses, slanders."

Jesus wasn't just asking his disciples to walk with him when he said "Follow me", by imploring us to follow him and not our hearts he was saving us from ourselves.

1 comment:

  1. I was going to do a Thanksgiving post but I was doing my bible study homework and came across Matthew 15:19 and my Thanksgiving post went off into the weeds.

    ReplyDelete