About

Per Fidem Intrepidus means "Fearless Through Faith". My courage isn't my own, it comes from the Holy Spirit, it's my faith in God and my personal savior Christ Jesus that calms my fears and allows me to move forward in this fallen world. Personally I'm afraid of a lot of stuff, but having the faith that Jesus adopted me as his little, sin filled, brother keeps me going.

Monday, November 26, 2012

I Love This Time Of Year

I absolutely love this time of year, not for the carol bells (ok, I like them) or the holly and the ivy (ok, I like that too) nor the trees and the lights and the shining orniments (which I love) but for the promise kept.

Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel (Isa 7:14)

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. (Isa 9:6)

There's so many, many prophesys that were fulfilled on that night in Bethlehem so long ago, and I can feel Him reaching out to me across the gulf of time, touching my heart, and holding me close.So many more fulfilled on Calvary, but right now let me consider the manger in Bethlehem and the promise of that child whose first cradle was so rude.

Yeah, yeah, I know Christmas is not Jesus birthday, it's not even close. (Saturnalia? Yawn - Sol Invictus anyone? Bet you didn't even know that) so what? I can celebrate anything I want anytime I want, so there. Nyaaaa. So if I want to celebrate the anniversary of the greatest promise ever kept, I'll do it any time I want. And I want to do it now.

For your homework tonght review Exodus 4:24-26. We'll be discussing it tomorrow.














No comments:

Post a Comment