About

Per Fidem Intrepidus means "Fearless Through Faith". My courage isn't my own, it comes from the Holy Spirit, it's my faith in God and my personal savior Christ Jesus that calms my fears and allows me to move forward in this fallen world. Personally I'm afraid of a lot of stuff, but having the faith that Jesus adopted me as his little, sin filled, brother keeps me going.

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

A Week of Days

It's been an entire week since I started this blog and my mind is still aswirll over what to do next. I've got so many ideas, so many things are being revealed to me as this journey continues. I've inaugurated one regular feature so far; OT Tuesday, where I find something awesome in the Old Testament, research it, and present my findings for your edification, education, entertainment, and enlightenment (maybe).

Another feature I plan to introduce will be L.O.T.S. (Lord Of The Sabbath) go ahead, guess who that's about and when it gets posted.

So as week #2 rolls into view I make the following pledges to the Lord, to myself, and to you the reader:

1. To use gentle humor as often as possible when appropriate

2. To use really awesome post titles (like Bridegroom of Blood!) when they're appropriate because nothing's worse than a boring post title other than a boring post.

3. To always use FULL biblical verses to illustrate or make a point. Few things infuriate me more than people that use partial verses to back up their point, because I've found that sometimes when they do that they're trying to make a non-biblical point and are desperately trying to legitimize their idea with a partial verse that sounds good... which leads me to -

4. To use biblical verses that are subject appropriate. Lucky you, the reader, this means I won't be using a verse from the Olivette Discourse to justify switching brands of dog food on my puppies without their knowing or some such thing. (yeah, I've seen goofiness like that on other blogs. Writers block is an ugly thing)

5. To always use verses from the New American Standard Bible or the New King James Bible - both versions are accurate translations and true as possible to their source material. I also will be using references from the MacArthur Study Bible, John MacArthur has made the gold standard of study bibles, if you are shopping for a study bible I highly recommend this one.

6. To only use verses from The Message as an example of "Go Home And Do It Again" Don't get me started. It won't be pretty. (but it will happen eventually)

7. To offer a prayer for forgiveness whenever writing about the false teachers of the Great Apostasy. It's not going to be pretty and as the voice of one calling out in the wilderness I will need to temper the requirements of 1 Tim 5:20 with a prayer that the transgressors who lead thousands astray return to Christ.

8. To beg like a starving puppy for your feedback, because in my mind I know I'm right and funny and entertaining, you may have a valid opinion that corrects this delusion.

9. To beg my Lord for his words and thank him for his inspiration when ever I work on these posts


No comments:

Post a Comment