About

Per Fidem Intrepidus means "Fearless Through Faith". My courage isn't my own, it comes from the Holy Spirit, it's my faith in God and my personal savior Christ Jesus that calms my fears and allows me to move forward in this fallen world. Personally I'm afraid of a lot of stuff, but having the faith that Jesus adopted me as his little, sin filled, brother keeps me going.

Monday, August 26, 2019

I'm Not Moving! My Blog

I had an idea yesterday to move this blog over to WordPress, I've cross posted a few times over there but it was a task that I tended to forget to do and in the end I ended up with the same post in two locations, so I dropped doing that all together. 

There are a whole lot of things I do want to blog about that do not fit in here neatly. Like when a few weeks ago I was fiddling around on my Tecsun PL-660 in the 40 meter band when a station came up "blowing my doors off" on USB and when I looked up his call sign I found that his QTH was in Florida, and here I'm in Colorado getting him 5/9 on a 3 meter sloper! I found out that it wasn't propagation, he had a 2KW amp and an antenna array that covered acres.

That kind of post doesn't fit well into a blog that's been 100% theology, and after a day of playing around I found that WordPress does some things very well, but to do other things will cost a lot of money that I don't have. Such as RefTagger which is a little gadget designed to identify a bible verses in your blog. When it sees that the reference, such as Romans 3:1-2 it will set up the link to Biblia but also give you that little popup that shows a bit of the verse. Here on blogger it's free to add to your blog if you have the skills to set it up. On WordPress you need a business account to set up widgets like that, and a business account is $300 a year. On WordPress it's easy to subscribe to a blog, on blogger it's a serious pain to set that function up (I'm still trying to figure it out). 

WordPress vs Blogger is like Spaghetti vs Lasagna, they both do the same thing, but they do it in different styles. 

So I decided on leaving this blog as it is, to continue my posts here, posts like "What's A Cogic?" while over on my WordPress blog I put my personal updates and other interests, like railfanning, or a movie review, or Joe Biden's latest act of plagiarism. Or AOC's latest brain dump. Or Elisabeth Warren's latest racial identity. Or my granddaughter's latest goldfish. I consider my WordPress blog my garage, all kinds of interesting things will be stored there, things with no rhyme or reason, and no room for a car.

No comments:

Post a Comment