About

Per Fidem Intrepidus means "Fearless Through Faith". My courage isn't my own, it comes from the Holy Spirit, it's my faith in God and my personal savior Christ Jesus that calms my fears and allows me to move forward in this fallen world. Personally I'm afraid of a lot of stuff, but having the faith that Jesus adopted me as his little, sin filled, brother keeps me going.

Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Wretched Wednesday - Arguing With The Unsaved

It was one week ago today that I posted a Wretched Radio video discussing the biblical role of women in the church, in particular the female elders. Just the concept of a female elder is unbiblical, because it's clearly stated in Titus 1:6 that the first (of several) qualifications of Eldership is - 
namely, if any man is above reproach, the husband of one wife, having children who believe, not accused of dissipation or rebellion.
That's it. No argument. An Elder is a man and a husband that is raising (or has raised) children. Single men and women need not apply, but thank you, there's literally hundreds of other ways you can glorify God in this church, have you thought of chairing the Food Bank committee? Working with us at the homeless shelter? Help out at the nursing home? Why do we do this?? 

Reason #1 - This Is What The Bible Says.
Reason #2 - When in doubt, refer to Reason #1

That's the price of being a Christian - we do what our Lord and Master tell us to do. Last weeks post got in the of some folks. I really doubt they were followers of this blog, I am assuming that they heard of my post through the grapevine or from a Google search (seriously? Google linked to a Christian blog? *gasp!* Hey, miracles happen).

I counted one of the people that responded, Fazul_, as a non-Christian because in his blog he said there's no difference between an ISIS executioner and Billy Graham. Personally I think this sounds like arrogance more than ignorance, but either way I got the impression he was unsaved. The other commenter had no web background and his handle (iKev) was created sometime this month. If iKev is a Christian, he's probably a theologically myopic Red Letter Christian.

BOTH of them had the exact same invalid arguments that the bible condones slavery, that Paul REGULATED slavery (both commenters put the word REGULATED all in uppercase), and that Paul's command that a woman not teach men on a regular basis was a social construct of those times and could be ignored. One thing I find intellectually detestable is to look at a historical event through the filter of the 21st Century. And this is exactly what they did. 

My big mistake in addressing their posts is when they repeated their false accusations over and over without acknowledging my responses. I know you can't argue someone into salvation, but I did use the conversations as an exercise in apologetics. I was wrong to argue, but was able to get into the word and do some research.



No comments:

Post a Comment