About

Per Fidem Intrepidus means "Fearless Through Faith". My courage isn't my own, it comes from the Holy Spirit, it's my faith in God and my personal savior Christ Jesus that calms my fears and allows me to move forward in this fallen world. Personally I'm afraid of a lot of stuff, but having the faith that Jesus adopted me as his little, sin filled, brother keeps me going.

Friday, January 19, 2018

Random Bits

"I walk through this sinful world as a 
pilgrim in a foreign country" - CH Spurgeon
Let's start out with some good news: Are you a News Junkie? Does your day start by pouring over the Drudge Report, or Breitbart, or Bad Blue, or PJ Media, or... or... or is that just me? I like reading the news over a cup of coffee, but the vast majority of the news sites are aimed toward a small segment of society; the ultraliberal. I like my news both right and correct. 

If you want your morning news without the blathering of Christianity Astray Today, or the unGodly nonsense of Chrisma news, or the mindnumbing  nonstop ads of many of the other Christian news sites, I have found something that is an answer to the Christian news junkie's prayers. Adam4d who gave us those great Christian web comics has created the Christian Daily Reporter.  I really like this site. Thank you Adam4d!

Here's an incredible Freebee - Are People Basically Good? (Crucial Questions) by RC Sproul is free on Kindle. Dr. Sproul discusses what it means to be made in the image of God yet being fallen in sin. It's also a free audio book if you're an Audible subscriber

I didn't find out until this morning, but January 16th was Religious Freedom Day

I was never a Trumper, but I was never a never Trumper. Like all presidents I allowed him time to earn my admiration or disdain, or both, but with actions like this I thank God for giving us the President we now have.

Who is Shawn Bolz? He's the guy who holds the keys to Heaven's economy. I honestly can't believe I just typed that



Paula White announced that you should give "First Fruits" (an offering of a day, week, or month's wages) to her. OOOPS! Maybe she didn't

Speaking of Paula White, here are seven reasons why 1 Timothy 2:12 isn't the crazy aunt we hide in the closet when company comes over

A shipping disaster of biblical proportions. Really, it is!

The benefits of religion cannot be ignored. Here's one benefit I didn't expect:
“A child whose parents attend church regularly is 40 to 50 percent more likely to go on to college than a matched child of non-attenders.” - sociologist Robert Putnam
This is what makes the great falling away even more heartbreaking

Religion of Peace Update #1 - Palestinians attempted to bomb Joseph’s Tomb, considered Judaism’s third holiest site, during a visit by about 1,000 Jewish pilgrims

Religion of Peace Update #2 - U.S. places Pakistan on watch list for religious freedom violations

He Never Promised You A Rose Garden (on Earth) Department: The most dangerous places on earth for Christians.

China is persecuting Christians wholesale, and now they're persecuting the lawyers who defend Christians

Has the Methodist Church added necromancy to their statement of beliefs? Looks like they have

Prosperity pimp false teacher Kenneth Copeland has a new ride, According to his homies the Holy Spirit set aside a sweet Gulfstream V just for the Ken-meister, then dropped a check for $40 million so Kenny C can ride to the bank in style. But tell the Holy Spirit not to put that checkbook away, Our Man Ken needs $2.5 million for upgrades (I mean seriously, you can't expect someone like Kenneth Copland to fly to his next goat fleecing in a pedestrian luxury aircraft, can you?) and a meager $17 million for a new hanger ( the carpet in the old one is showing it's age) (ok, that's funny if you have ever been an aircraft mechanic) and landscaping on the runway.

Mr. Pope recently called Islam a “Good Religion.” Immediately thousands of  exMuslims echoed my my opinion of Mr. Pope. Not only that, but Mr. Pope just awarded the title of Commander in the Pontifical Equestrian Order of St. Gregory the Great (it's actually a thing) to a Dutch woman who raised hundreds of millions of dollars to slaughter babies. THEN Mr. Pope launched a vicious  attack on clerical abuse victims in Chile, accusing them of slandering a bishop they accuse of protecting a paedophile priest. The Mormons approve of these things
Q: Is the pope Catholic?
A: Your guess is as good as mine

Does God forgive murderers? Of course He does, and this is how His grace is displayed by the forgiven

We are living in the most significant and important time in Bible-prophecy history – with the least amount of interest in the Church,”

Perry Noble defends his foul mouth by using foul language. I looked up his defense and he got that wrong too, he can't get skubalon right.

I guess the prosperity preachers got it right after all. Archaeologists just discovered Jesus' very own private jet. It's got to be true, I saw it on the internet


No comments:

Post a Comment