About

Per Fidem Intrepidus means "Fearless Through Faith". My courage isn't my own, it comes from the Holy Spirit, it's my faith in God and my personal savior Christ Jesus that calms my fears and allows me to move forward in this fallen world. Personally I'm afraid of a lot of stuff, but having the faith that Jesus adopted me as his little, sin filled, brother keeps me going.

Wednesday, September 13, 2017

WWUTT Wednesday - A Little Bit of Romans

Bible Study Fellowship International started their 9 month long class on Romans this week. If you missed it or are wanting to join a BSF group and are worried that you missed out, don't worry, the first meeting doesn't advance the curriculum, it's always an evening of introduction. 

I've been looking forward to Romans, not because Rome was such an interesting empire, especially (to me) during the reigns of  Justinian I and Constantine XI Palaeologus, but because Pauls letter to the Romans encompasses so much, it's been called the Readers Digest version of the whole bible. Romans is a book I've always had trouble with, it seems to lock up my brain somewhere in Chapter 3 and it's a struggle after that, except Chapter 13, that one is pretty clear to me now. So to celebrate the start of a new year in BSF here's a bit of Romans from WWUTT

By the way -  many people say that the Roman Empire lasted about 400 years, I say it lasted 1,000 years more than that. If you want to discuss that, let's go!


No comments:

Post a Comment