About

Per Fidem Intrepidus means "Fearless Through Faith". My courage isn't my own, it comes from the Holy Spirit, it's my faith in God and my personal savior Christ Jesus that calms my fears and allows me to move forward in this fallen world. Personally I'm afraid of a lot of stuff, but having the faith that Jesus adopted me as his little, sin filled, brother keeps me going.

Wednesday, May 3, 2017

WWUTT Wednesday - Yet another Christian Flavored Fad

Vegetables love Jesus too
Remember the WWJD bracelet? That was a pretty big Christian fad, and I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Jesus would not wear a rubber bracelet that said "What Would I Do" or even WWGD. Then there was the Mend Mark bracelet "a distinctive wristband that is designed to resemble the nail scar of Christ" emblazoned with the words REMEMBER and LOVE.

Welcome to the Fad Driven Church. I don't know why but many Christians seem drawn to fads like moths to a candle, and it's not just trinkets and baubles that would make any Roman Catholic proud, it's trappings that Christians use to 'enhance' their experience as a Christian. Take testimonies, our Christian autobiographies. Not sure why they are important to people, but Pastor Paratus once mentioned this and I'm going to use it forever. Here is my testimony, and you're all welcome to use it too:
I was saved 2000 years ago when Christ died for my sins
Anything else would be self aggrandizing. Other fads we enjoy are things like body counts; both the "meat in the seats" oneupmanship of the mega churches and the conversion counter where a church proudly announces that they had X number of conversions at some event while their weekly attendance doesn't change. There's also the Church Growth movement, the purpose driven (fill in the blank), the seeker sensitive church, tribulationism, alter calls, and bone spitting. The problem with these is that they're focused on people, not on God and not on God's word. And speaking of Christian fads that are focused on Christians and not on Christ, here's the Christian Diet fad. 




No comments:

Post a Comment