About

Per Fidem Intrepidus means "Fearless Through Faith". My courage isn't my own, it comes from the Holy Spirit, it's my faith in God and my personal savior Christ Jesus that calms my fears and allows me to move forward in this fallen world. Personally I'm afraid of a lot of stuff, but having the faith that Jesus adopted me as his little, sin filled, brother keeps me going.

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

WWUTT Wednesday - Look At Me Being Humble!!!

I've always been very skeptical of those who profess to have the gift of healing and the gift of tongues. Not to be picking on Benny Hinn (I'll let the IRS do that) but where are these people he is said to have healed? In fact there is no documented evidence that a single one of these miraculous healings ever occurred. Mr. Hinn should be leaving a swath of perfect health in his wake as he jets around the globe.

And what verse in the bible covers "being slain in the spirit" anyhow?

Then there's glossolalia, the phenomenon of speaking in an unknown language, especially in religious worship. "Unknown language" is not what the bible says speaking in tongues is all about. If a visitor from Central Mongolia walked into your church and desperately wanted to hear the word of God but doesn't speak English, and the person sitting next to him who only speaks English suddenly begins translating the sermon in flawless Buryat so that the visitor understands, that's the gift of tongues. Suddenly babbling in something no one in the room understands is not. If I was in one of these churches that I've heard about that locks the door until someone starts speaking in tongues, after a long enough pause I'd break out in tongues:

Iyay eed-nay a andwich-say. Otty-pay Ake-bray!





No comments:

Post a Comment