About

Per Fidem Intrepidus means "Fearless Through Faith". My courage isn't my own, it comes from the Holy Spirit, it's my faith in God and my personal savior Christ Jesus that calms my fears and allows me to move forward in this fallen world. Personally I'm afraid of a lot of stuff, but having the faith that Jesus adopted me as his little, sin filled, brother keeps me going.

Friday, November 11, 2016

Random Bits

"I walk through this sinful world as a 
pilgrim in a foreign country" - CH Spurgeon
If any of you have noticed, this week, live on national television, one of the largest travesties in American history was shown to the American public. It was insane! How could something like that happen? My faith in justice and honesty is shattered! How could something like that happen in the United States of America? Really - I want to move to Canada and forget it ever happened.

I'm talking of course about the Buffalo Bills - Seattle Seahawks game on Monday night. There we were, mere seconds left in the half and the Seahawk defender runs off sides and plows into the kicker, and instead of penalizing the Seahawks for roughing the kicker they end up penalizing the Bills for delay of game because the official wouldn't let them snap the ball? This isn't the America I grew up in!

No wait, it is, I've been a Bills fan since 1961 and this is exactly what happens in America: stuff happens. When stuff happens you deal with it, you praise the lord for giving you stuff to deal with, and you move on to what ever stuff God has in store for you next. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, but either way God is always with you. You may notice that there are people who are having problems with stuff this week, notably the "Christian" Left. I guess there was some kind of election stuff and they're not happy about it... Check out Eternity Matters, they've got a good report on the Christian Left and how they're dealing with stuff, and if you want to go visit the Christian Left please remind them that if they want to call themselves Christian they need to obey God when He laid Romans 13:1-6 on us. You may want to copy and paste that into their facebook page often.


Even if you delete a false prophecy, you're still a False Prophet

I've read Amos numerous times, how did I miss Amos 8:11? Did I ignore it or just gloss it over? Thank God that Michelle Lesley didn't miss it

I am a member of a congregational church, after being raised RCC then a bout of Lutheranism it's a refreshing, family atmosphere. This article gives a solid case for Congregationalism

Gaystapo update - A Christian couple who raised objections to the children they were fostering being adopted by a gay couple have been told that they cannot adopt the children themselves thanks to their “concerning” views.

Satan and his minions are angry. Ok, this one goes off the deep end... or does it?

Scripture pops up in the oddest places

Despite the violence a Christian pastor remains in Aleppo,  Pastor "Alim" has remained behind to do God's work

Another reminder that Jesus is Superior

Pastors - Stop it! All of it!... or at least stop these five things

The compulsory military draft does not apply to Israel’s Christians, but they voluntarily enlist at the risk of attack from within

It's got to be true, I saw it on the internet! Now if only K-Love will follow

To my brothers and sisters in arms - have a blessed Veterans day


No comments:

Post a Comment