About

Per Fidem Intrepidus means "Fearless Through Faith". My courage isn't my own, it comes from the Holy Spirit, it's my faith in God and my personal savior Christ Jesus that calms my fears and allows me to move forward in this fallen world. Personally I'm afraid of a lot of stuff, but having the faith that Jesus adopted me as his little, sin filled, brother keeps me going.

Saturday, November 5, 2016

Random Bits

"I walk through this sinful world as a 
pilgrim in a foreign country" - CH Spurgeon
In bible study a couple of evenings ago we were discussing John 5 and the discussion strayed into Jewish law and I mentioned how I felt pity for the Jews because they were trapped by the Jewish law and when Jesus came to unshackle them they didn't understand the freedom He was offering. Most of our group didn't understand this point, but three of us did, and all three of us consider ourselves "recovering Catholics". We understand being being bound by a set of laws not of Gods making and man crafted traditions. The rest of the guys in our group wouldn't understand things like having to fast before Eucharist (they equate it with communion but to Catholics it's much different) and the intersession of dead people. How crushing do these Romanish laws get? Glenn Chatfield has a great example of the opinions of men overruling the divine wisdom of God

UNESCO, the United Nations forum entrusted with preserving world heritage and culture, passed a resolution to erase the Jewish and Christian bonds to the Land of Israel, they claim that only Muslims have connection to the Promised Land. Here's how you can send them proof of their error

Countdown to 500!

As we head toward the 500th anniversary of the Protestant Reformation, let us not forget the pain that Luther caused a quarter century later

I read this, and I read it, and I re-read it, and I came away with a new appreciation for 1 Timothy 2:11-12


Speaking of 1 Timothy 2:11-12 I stumbled across Jenn Johnson here and here.

It appears that 1 Timothy 2:11-12 is becoming a theme today. Recently Jen Hatmaker chose to ignore biblical teaching apparently in favor of appealing to a liberal audience. "Brandon Hatmaker came out swinging against those who’ve raised alarm at his famous wife. You might say he is now the Mad Hatter (Hey - Someone had to go there!)

I'm sure that 1 Timothy 2:11-12 applies here too

Clayton Jennings: Celebrity? Preacher? Evangelist? Sexual predator?

Carl Lentz has absolutely no idea what John 14:6 is all about. None what so ever. Embarrassing

As Daesh retreats across Iraq, the Cross returns!

Once Mosul is free from the demonic rule of Daesh, the Iraqi people are moving toward creating a new province to protect Christians and other Minorities. Rep. Jeff Fortenberry (R-NE), has introduced a bipartisan resolution to establish a province in the Nineveh Plain

Religion of Peace Update #1 - even the dead are not able to escape the brutality of Daesh

Religion of Peace Update #2 - while coalition forces close in on Daesh in Iraq, the wholesale slaughter continues

They hypocrisy of "You must accept me - I was born this way" Stan hit the nail on the head with this

I promised that I wouldn't do any political stuff, but when the campaign manager for one of the candidates does stuff like this you'll understand why I post it. (Hint: Matthew 4:10) CONTENT WARNING - it's gross and it may influence a few votes

Ok, maybe two articles. This one has a major eewww factor also

Kenneth Copeland gets burned. It's got to be true, I saw it on the Internet


1 comment:

  1. I don't think any amount of evidence will change the minds of UNESCO -- they have an agenda, and that agenda has ignored facts from the beginning.

    Why should the Lutheran church apologize for Luther's behavior? That's like saying we need to apologize to blacks for bad Christian behavior which promoted slavery. Besides, Luther only got his anti-Semitism from Rome anyway.

    Jenn Johnson -- Bethel Church explains her problems. That place is a haven of every type of false teaching one can imagine!

    "Spirit cooking"!?!?! Notice the sexuality of it - seems everything with Satan has a sexual theme of some sort.

    Unstable men who think they are women == yeah, that's the kind of government I want. -- NOT

    ReplyDelete