About

Per Fidem Intrepidus means "Fearless Through Faith". My courage isn't my own, it comes from the Holy Spirit, it's my faith in God and my personal savior Christ Jesus that calms my fears and allows me to move forward in this fallen world. Personally I'm afraid of a lot of stuff, but having the faith that Jesus adopted me as his little, sin filled, brother keeps me going.

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

WWUTT Wednesday - Alter Calls and the Sinners Prayer?

I feel that Ray Comfort is right, the sinner's prayer just may be Hell's Best Kept Secret. Here's an example:
In 1991, in the first year of the decade of harvest, a major denomination in the U.S. was able to obtain 294,000 decisions for Christ. That is, in one year, this major denomination of 11,500 churches was able to obtain 294,000 decisions for Christ. Unfortunately, they could only find 14,000 in fellowship, which means they couldn’t account for 280,000 of their decisions.
Many churches are not being honest with people, yes there is joy in Christianity when you realize that Jesus is your kinsman redeemer, but there's a lot of pain and sadness involved in realizing that he was maimed, tortured and killed for your bad behavior, and then you still continue that behavior. Churches need to teach that God is not Santa Claus, Heaven is not a tourist destination, Hell is real, the gospel is spread with words which are necessary, Satan is out to drive a wedge between you and God, and people are going to hate you because they hated Jesus first. There's a bit more to it than walking down the aisle and saying a prayer. Modern evangelism says, “Never question your salvation.” The Bible says the exact opposite. It says, “Examine yourself and see if you’re in the faith” (2Cor. 13:5)


No comments:

Post a Comment