About

Per Fidem Intrepidus means "Fearless Through Faith". My courage isn't my own, it comes from the Holy Spirit, it's my faith in God and my personal savior Christ Jesus that calms my fears and allows me to move forward in this fallen world. Personally I'm afraid of a lot of stuff, but having the faith that Jesus adopted me as his little, sin filled, brother keeps me going.

Thursday, May 12, 2016

Spurgeon Thursday: The Charles Haddon Spurgeon Rap

Personally I'm not crazy about rap, but this one is special. Oh, I get rap all right - rap (supposedly) means Rhythm And Poetry, it's a throwback to the beat era of the late 50's early 60's which never thrilled me either. Call me a luddite but to me music is much more than meter and lyrics, melody is extremely important to me, and if the artist throws in multi-part harmony and at least two key changes, now you're talking. But this rap had me hooked in just the first 17 words. I saw the first slide of this video and thought "There's a message that needs to be shouted from the rooftops by our kids" and I hung in there unto the very end. And I'm glad I did.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Even an old lady like can appreciate this kind of rap!

    ReplyDelete