About

Per Fidem Intrepidus means "Fearless Through Faith". My courage isn't my own, it comes from the Holy Spirit, it's my faith in God and my personal savior Christ Jesus that calms my fears and allows me to move forward in this fallen world. Personally I'm afraid of a lot of stuff, but having the faith that Jesus adopted me as his little, sin filled, brother keeps me going.

Monday, February 8, 2016

Emergent Monday - Rick Joyner Is A False Prophet

26 "How long? Is there anything in the hearts of the prophets who prophesy falsehood, even these prophets of the deception of their own heart, 27 who intend to make My people forget My name by their dreams which they relate to one another, just as their fathers forgot My name because of Baal? (Jeremiah 23:26-27)

This may come as a shock to some of you, so if you're weak of heart please change your web page to something less shocking, like this page, Ready? Here goes: Rick Joyner is a false prophet. 

I know, I know - shocking news to some, old hat to others, but Rick Joyner, IHOP cult member New Age Emergent man of God isn't what he professes to be. Rick Joyner has made a comfortable life for himself through biblical shenanigans, false prophecy, and utter nonsense. Back in 1992 he wrote a book titled "There Were Two Trees in the Garden" which opens with this:
"The Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil is a powerful Biblical model of the Law.  As the Apostle Paul declared "The power of sin is the law" (1 Corinthians 15:56).  This is because it is through the Law that we must derive our knowledge of good and evil.  We may wonder how this knowledge brings death until we see the fruit.  The knowledge of good and evil kills us by distracting us from the One who is the source of life; the Tree of Life - Jesus. The Tree of Knowledge causes us to focus our attention upon ourselves.  Sin is empowered by the law; not just because the evil is revealed but the good as well. It drives us either to corruption or self-righteousness, both of which lead to death." (There Were Two Trees In The Garden, Rick Joyner, pp. 9-10.) 
Here he clearly states that the forbidden tree was the Laws of God as given to Moses. Wait - God gave us those laws, how can they be forbidden knowledge? Not only is Rick Joyner an "expert" on the garden of Eden and Mosaic law, he's also part of the heavenly tourism industry. After what he thought was a case of "bird flu and ebola" (he had food poisoning) this happened:
...was caught up in to heaven for eight hours. ... I say prophetic, but I don't know if it was just prophetic experience or if I was really there, but it seemed real. I saw things that I believe really are part of the heavenly realm. But this one was many times better than I'd ever experienced before. At the end of the whole dream - and this was an 8-hour, earth-time dream - I know because it started at midnight. I laid down at midnight, went right to sleep, went right into this dream, woke up several times during the night astonished, just trying to understand everything I'd just seen and heard. I'd then I'd fall back to sleep and go right back into the same place. Over and over. ... I'd had that experience one time before, just one time, where I woke up, went back the same place in the dream, but this time it happened over and over. It was just awesome.
At the end of the dream, I ended up on Main Street down here. [pointing]. Our Main Street. And I'm standing there, I'm in heaven and I'm on Main Street, and the Lord said 'You've got to bring this here.' We're going to have heaven on earth. Right here!
Here's a hint Rick: If you wake up in your bed several times during your trip to Heaven, your're not in Heaven. As Elisabeth Prata at The End Time blog says 
How sacrilegious, impious, and irreverent to even describe the gift of seeing the heavenly realms in such a flippant way. Of course Mr Joyner did not go to heaven, but he thought he did, and to describe it in such a way demeans the realm our King Jesus presides over. Paul was too humble to even speak of his trip for 14 years, only did so when pressed, and then it was in the third person. Paul would never flippantly say something like, "Oh yah, this time I went up there I saw..."
I could go on and on about his past exploits but the web is full of them, however this time he's really put the False in False Prophet . On February second on his Prophetic Perspectives video show Rick Joyner claimed that he was told by God that these monstrous football stadiums that were built for the false idol of the NFL were actually being built for a great revival (5:25 on the video) and continues in a self delusional pattern, ignoring Romans 1 and all true prophesy about the apostasy of the coming end times, ignoring the fall of Christianity in Europe, droning on about the huge revival in the US and Europe. 

At about the 8 minute mark he begins to talk about false prophet and sexual predator Bob Jones "prophesying" about baseball games. How Bob pointed out "messages" in events leading up to the word series, and that Bob "prophesied" that the Kansas City Royals would win the World Series and a "Great Outbreak" was going to happen. (Bob Jones is from Kansas City by the way). Finally at the 9:00 minute mark Rick gets down to it, He predicts that with a Super Bowl victory by the Carolina Panthers the third great revival will start, it's "all hands on deck" (he never explains what he means by that). Did I mention that Rick Joyner is from Charlotte NC?


When did any of God's promises depend on an unrelated sporting event? Did He tell Jonah "IF the Nineva curling team wins the tournament you don't have to go"? Did He tell Noah "IF the Ur Fighting Shepherds win the gold in the javelin throw the weather will be clear and sunny"? Did He tell His own Son "There's this big game on passover weekend between Judah and Samaria, if Judah wins you live, but if Samaria wins..."?

As far fetched as that sounds, this is exactly what Rick Joyner is saying, that God will only pour out his grace, that the Holy Spirit will only revive those whose faith is flagging if some prophet's favorite team wins the big game. Or - if you cheer for the Denver Broncos you're booing the Holy Spirit. 

I mentioned this in my Random Bits last Friday and three thought came to mind: 
  • Does God allow the gift of prophesy to be used to pick football games?
  • Would the fact that Rick lives in Charlotte NC have anything to do with his fanaticism prophesy?
  • When the Panthers lose does this mean that my son who "prophesied" a Broncos victory is more of a man of God than Rick Joyner?
Let me paraphrase Elisabeth: How sacrilegious, impious, and irreverent to use the gift of prophecy in such a flippant way. Claiming to use the gift of prophesy to pick a football game? Shame on you Rick Joyner! This man is a tool of darkness, and unless he repents he's lost, but his followers - if there are still any followers after the Panthers humiliating loss - should be ashamed of themselves. Pray for their deliverance from this man.

2 comments:

  1. So according to Rick Joyner the tree of knowledge of good and evil is the law? Never heard that one before.

    I prefer the words of Scripture:

    The law of the LORD [is] perfect, converting the soul...
    More to be desired [are they] than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb."

    Psalm 19.7,10

    ReplyDelete
  2. This guy is NUTS!!! Which is why so many feel-good "Christians" follow him.

    I will be linking to this in my next "RAAH."

    ReplyDelete