About

Per Fidem Intrepidus means "Fearless Through Faith". My courage isn't my own, it comes from the Holy Spirit, it's my faith in God and my personal savior Christ Jesus that calms my fears and allows me to move forward in this fallen world. Personally I'm afraid of a lot of stuff, but having the faith that Jesus adopted me as his little, sin filled, brother keeps me going.

Monday, February 16, 2015

Evolution Sunday at the First Berean Congregational Church

Denver's own Messiah Community Church, a "Christian"
organization, Picture from 2014
In case you missed it, Sunday, February 15th, was Evolution Sunday, the high point of Evolution Weekend, a celebration of all things Darwin in the church. 

2015 marks the 10th year of the Evolution Weekend. The idea of the Evolution Weekend is for Christian, Jewish, Catholic, Buddhist, and Unitarian congregations to ignore the bible and expound on failed scientific speculation at the request of an atheist. 

Evolution Weekend is a part of the Clergy Letter Project, "an endeavor designed to demonstrate that religion and science can be compatible and to elevate the quality of the debate of this issue." In other words, to waste valuable pulpit time and preach Evolution - because an atheist said to. 


To the atheist I would respond "I will consider your premise of Darwinian evolution if you consider the healing grace of accepting Lord Jesus Christ as your savior and confess your sins to him" Chances are pretty slim of that happening as the organizer of the Evolution weekend, Michael Zimmerman, is an avowed atheist. Then again, wouldn't it be a good idea to prove that Darwinian Evolution actually exists before celebrating it? 

Of course atheists are all a-giggle at the Evolution Weekend, anything they can do to drive a wedge between believers and Jesus is fine by them and their own personal lord

Meanwhile at the First Berean Congregational Church we avoided the entire Evolution Weekend program and heard a wonderful sermon by Pastor Paratus on:
  • Sin
  • Repentance
  • Redemption
  • Prayer
  • Grace
  • Salvation

which "evolved" into good fellowship for hours afterwards over sandwiches.

No comments:

Post a Comment