About

Per Fidem Intrepidus means "Fearless Through Faith". My courage isn't my own, it comes from the Holy Spirit, it's my faith in God and my personal savior Christ Jesus that calms my fears and allows me to move forward in this fallen world. Personally I'm afraid of a lot of stuff, but having the faith that Jesus adopted me as his little, sin filled, brother keeps me going.

Saturday, September 13, 2014

The Great Falling Away

Just some thoughts on what we see going on around us:

Many are now saying that God has been kicked out of schools and public life. My thought: who is powerful enough to kick God out of anything? Let them try:
1 Thus says the Lord, “Heaven is My throne and the earth is My footstool. Where then is a house you could build for Me? And where is a place that I may rest? 2 “For My hand made all these things, Thus all these things came into being,” declares the Lord. “But to this one I will look, To him who is humble and contrite of spirit, and who trembles at My word. (Isaiah 66:1-2)
Many complain that our children cannot pray in school, that's nonsense, you can pray anywhere, you just can't make a show of it. Yes, we are to pray without stop (1 Thessalonians 5:17) but what did Jesus tell us about praying?
5 When you pray, you are not to be like the hypocrites; for they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and on the street corners so that they may be seen by men. Truly I say to you, they have their reward in full. 6 But you, when you pray, go into your inner room, close your door and pray to your Father who is in secret, and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you. (Matthew 6:5-6)
And many say that the church is dying. I'm sure they're thinking of the false teachers and the fact that church attendance is down. Could dropping attendance be due to the false teachers turning people off with their foolisness? Then again - dying? Really? I know that is impossible too:
"I also say to you that you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build My church; and the gates of Hades will not overpower it. (Matthew 16:18)

No comments:

Post a Comment