About

Per Fidem Intrepidus means "Fearless Through Faith". My courage isn't my own, it comes from the Holy Spirit, it's my faith in God and my personal savior Christ Jesus that calms my fears and allows me to move forward in this fallen world. Personally I'm afraid of a lot of stuff, but having the faith that Jesus adopted me as his little, sin filled, brother keeps me going.

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Do Not Be Surprised...: The Gospel Is Veiled to Those Who Are Perishing: Thoughts on the Creation Debate

I did not watch the Bill Nye - Ken Ham debate, nor did I want to. Some of the reasons why I can easily explain, both men are so single issue focused that they're just going to be bashing their heads together, neither man will ever concede a point, and I disagree with Bill Nyes flawed theology which is is "Science first, last, always" regardless of how many theories are disproven over time. This means for Bill the truth is a constantly moving target. Every so many years everything he knows to be true needs to be thrown away, that concept is so depressing to me.

As for the creation - what I do or do not believe when it comes to creation has nothing to do with my salvation. My salvation is based on God's grace through my faith in Jesus Christ and creation isn't even mentioned. Personally my belief is "Here's what God told us; the creation of everything in just a few words. When we met him face to face we'll get all the details of what went on and that's going to be SO COOL!" (I can hardly wait!). 

There's many more reasons why I didn't watch, most of have to do with the fact that some of the saddest verses in the bible are so true, and it's heartbreaking to watch. Erin at Do Not Be Surprised blog says it a whole lot better than I possibly could:

Do Not Be Surprised...: The Gospel Is Veiled to Those Who Are Perishing: Thoughts on the Creation Debate

No comments:

Post a Comment