About

Per Fidem Intrepidus means "Fearless Through Faith". My courage isn't my own, it comes from the Holy Spirit, it's my faith in God and my personal savior Christ Jesus that calms my fears and allows me to move forward in this fallen world. Personally I'm afraid of a lot of stuff, but having the faith that Jesus adopted me as his little, sin filled, brother keeps me going.

Friday, February 28, 2014

Bible Infographics

Info-graphics rock, in a quick snapshot they can take paragraphs of hard to picture data and put it into a form that's easily digestible with one glance. They're not in-depth information, and were never meant to be, but the present in a text and graphic form something that takes thousands of words of straight narrative to describe.

OverviewBible.com is a website dedicated to giving an overview of the bible and uses many interesting info-graphic diagrams to illustrate concepts that have very complex or repetitive narrative descriptions. It's true that in a biblical sense they're merely just showing "gee wiz!" information, but that's what makes the narrative portions of the bible come alive. How many times have you read Ezekiel and ended up looking for and praying for a diagram or drawing to explain what Ezekiel is talking about? (Especially in the final chapters describing the temple!) They don't have any ezekiel there yet, but what is there is incredible. I love the I love the infographic of Every Dream of the Bible and eagerly await more as they are produced

Infographic: David's mighty men

No comments:

Post a Comment