About

Per Fidem Intrepidus means "Fearless Through Faith". My courage isn't my own, it comes from the Holy Spirit, it's my faith in God and my personal savior Christ Jesus that calms my fears and allows me to move forward in this fallen world. Personally I'm afraid of a lot of stuff, but having the faith that Jesus adopted me as his little, sin filled, brother keeps me going.

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Wrongly Taking Glee

Four years ago U.S. Army Major Nidal Hassan, an Army psychiatrist, walked into the Soldier Readiness center of Fort Hood Texas and began to scream "Allahhu Akbar!" While he was screaming he pulled a out an FN Five-Seven 5.7mm pistol and began to shoot. In the end he fired off over 150 rounds and slaughtered 13 of his fellow soldiers, injuring 29 more. Many of the men and women he targeted he shot in the back.

Being unarmed the soldiers of Fort Hood could only fight back with chairs and folding tables, and all who did try to fight back fell trying to stop Hassan. Hassan said he was acting to protect insurgents overseas.

Today a military court unanimously sentenced Nidal Hassan to death.

As a Christian I feel a sense of loss and pain for the soldiers that he killed and I know I should be praying that he find Jesus in his final hours of life, repent, and beg forgiveness and I know I should forgive him, but I can't. Because as a soldier I want to see him die. I want to be on his firing squad. I'll even bring my own ammo. I want him roasting in hell where society is safe from his derangement and his religion of peace.

My feelings are wrong, unbiblical, and probably sinful as I'm taking glee in his anticipated execution. I need to pray, to ask forgiveness and to be relieved of these hateful feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment