About

Per Fidem Intrepidus means "Fearless Through Faith". My courage isn't my own, it comes from the Holy Spirit, it's my faith in God and my personal savior Christ Jesus that calms my fears and allows me to move forward in this fallen world. Personally I'm afraid of a lot of stuff, but having the faith that Jesus adopted me as his little, sin filled, brother keeps me going.

Friday, February 26, 2016

Random Bits

"I walk through this sinful world as a 
pilgrim in a foreign country" - CH Spurgeon
My wife likes Greg Laurie. I kind of like his message on occasion, but he's definitely no Tony Evans. For one thing, Tony Evans earned his doctorate from Dallas Theological Seminary, while any degree held by Greg Laurie is merely honorary. In fact I'm unable to find any reference to Greg's education, theological or otherwise. The only theological "training" I can see in Greg's bio is leading a small Bible Study group for Chuck Smith.

I think the last time I listened to Greg Laurie was his farewell to Chuck Smith, but normally I avoid his shows because I can't stand the noise "worship music". But maybe there's something more that's whispering in my ear.

Did you know Greg Laurie has a TV Show? He sure does, right there on TBN at 8:30 PM (Eastern) on Monday and 1:00 AM on Thursday. You know TBN, the station that John MacArthur calls the "Unholy Trinity" dominated by "faith-healers, full-time fund-raisers, and self-proclaimed prophets spewing heresy", "brazen false teachers", and "religious quacks" spreading a "damnable lie".

I've written about my concerns for Greg Laurie in the past, mostly about the concerns I have about the crowd he's been running with (man, I'm starting to sound like my mom), especially when in the light of 1 Corinthians 15:33. Then last year we catch Greg fawning over prosperity pimp and scripture scrambler Steven Furtick's newest scam book. Then we find he's chumming around with Mormon priest Glenn Beck, But now Mr. Laurie has gone completely off the rails.

It now comes to light that Greg Laurie and Lou Engle of the blasphemous New Apostolic Reformation are trying to unite their denominations along with the Roman papists, and they want to bring Calvary into their one world religion. As spiritual leader of my family, I need to pray hard and think twice before inviting Greg Laurie into my house, especially with his Harvest America coming up next month. And don't say I didn't warn ya (now I really am sounding like my mom)

From the First Liberty Institute, free legal advice for pastors in this election season: a list of two things that pastors can't do, and everything they can do.

And speaking of the First Liberty Institute, they are now representing Aaron and Melissa Klein, owners of “Sweet Cakes by Melissa” in their fight against religious persecution by the state of Oregon and the Gaystapo.

The United States Air Force as been persecuting Christians quite regularly in recent years. Why? Maybe this is why.

Job 40:10 tells us to Adorn yourself with eminence and dignity, And clothe yourself with honor and majesty. The NAR says "That's just crazy talk"

Ecimenical maaaaddddnessss!

Religion of Peace Update #1 - In the past 15 years Muslims have destroyed 13,000 churches, slaughtered 11,500 Christians, and displaced a million more in Nigeria ALONE.

Religion of Peace Update #2 - Muslim immigrants are raping Europe… one child at a time.

Religion of Peace Update #3 - ACTUAL doctors here in the US insist on opening the door to the barbaric Muslim practice of female genital mutilation. The doctors that came up with this foul compromise with evil are Kavita Arora and Allan Jacobs.

Religion of Peace Update #4 - An ISIS member and devout Muslim executed his mother in front of her friends and co-workers because she was accused of apostasy. And, oh yeah, He's the one that accused her.

The Archdiocese has severed ties with the Girl Scouts for "continued promotion of contraception and “abortion rights” on behalf of its girl members, the majority of whom are minors", promoting dangerous role models such as Gloria Steinem and Betty Friedan, and their pushing sex education and advocacy for “reproductive rights”. I don't say this often, (ok, this is the very first time) but Well Done Catholics! Protestants, take heed and follow suit.

Wheaton College again. A lesbian employee resigned because she was asked to, even though she was never asked to.

China's new crackdown on religion may backfire, everything points to yet another major confrontation between the party and China's 300 million religious believers.

Mission Network News agrees with the previous story saying that Christianity is growing in China.



3 comments:

  1. It's sad that Greg Laurie has taken the popularity road.

    As for the Catholic severing ties with the Girl Scouts, soooooooo what took them so long. This has been going on for decades!!!

    Muslims never cease to amaze me with their barbarity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In regard to the US Military connection with Wicca, this goes back to Col Michael Aquino in San Francisco in the 1970's.

    A former U.S. Army Lt. Col. in the DIA’s psychological Warfare Division, Michael Aquino, is the latest in a line of alleged government-sponsored sadists. Aquino, an eccentric genius obsessed with Nazi pagan rituals, founded the Temple of Set, an offshoot of Anton LaVey’s Church of Satan. Aquino was connected with the Presidio Army Base day care scandal, in which he was accused child molestation. Much to the dismay of the young victims’ parents, all charges were dismissed. (source: Ron Patton, Thinkaboutit .com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember hearing a little bit about this when I was in the Strategic Air Command. Our reaction was something like "If this is what passed for acceptable in the Army, they clearly don't have enough work to do" I still think we were right.

      Delete