About

Per Fidem Intrepidus means "Fearless Through Faith". My courage isn't my own, it comes from the Holy Spirit, it's my faith in God and my personal savior Christ Jesus that calms my fears and allows me to move forward in this fallen world. Personally I'm afraid of a lot of stuff, but having the faith that Jesus adopted me as his little, sin filled, brother keeps me going.

Friday, March 5, 2021

Our Self Appointed Child-Gods


Our Self Appointed Child-Gods
 
Once upon a time in America satire was considered an art form. Satirists were held up as heroes of the literary art and their work was, and still is followed to this day. Writers like Mark Twain, Charles Dickens, Lewis Carroll, O Henry, and Will Rogers. The longest running television show on American TV, the Simpsons, is bitingly sarcastic, and my personal hero, Thomas Nast, a conservative who took down the corrupt Boss Tweed in New York City. His cartoon "The Union As It Was" showed how politicians united with racist activists to keep the blacks in poverty worse than slavery. This is a dark foreshadowing of the DNC's ties with Antifa and BLM using blacks again.

Facebook is completely unaware of the concept of Satire, in fact the politically motivated children whom Facebook employs as "Fact Checkers" know as little about satire as they know about real life here in America. These Child-Gods storm around the social media world demanding that we bow to their adolescent whims and infantile tirades, suspending accounts and putting their stamp of disapproval on posts they deem to be in opposition to The Greater Good.
 

I saw this little missive posted on Facebook as as I tried to read it, a warning popped up. So, I figured (correctly) that if it angers the Facebook Child Gods, it's got to be correct, so I saved the picture and posted it to my Facebook news feed. Sure enough, I got the Facebook Child-God Stamp Of Disapproval


Missing content? What is missing? I posted the entire .jpg, what could the Child-Gods of pre-adolescent putrid political pointlessness be whimpering about now? So I clicked See Why
 

Oh for crying out loud. But instead of being angry with Facebook, I realized that their problem is that they' got so busy hiring poli-sci dropouts that they forgot to hire someone that actually lives here on Earth and has experience in the Real World, so I offered my help. I responded to their Facebook Child-God Stamp Of Disapproval with my valuable help:

 
Dear Sirs

Your "Fact Checkers" are clearly biased and incapable of recognizing satire when presented so here's a little help for the more slow witted

 satire

[ˈsaˌtī(ə)r]

NOUN

satire (noun) · satires (plural noun)

the use of humor, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues.

synonyms:

- mockery · ridicule · derision · scorn · caricature · irony · sarcasm

- a play, novel, film, or other work which uses satire.
"a stinging satire on American politics"

synonyms:

parody · burlesque · caricature · lampoon · skit · takeoff · squib · travesty · spoof · sendup · pasquinade · pasticcio

- a genre of literature characterized by the use of satire.

(in Latin literature) a literary miscellany, especially a poem ridiculing prevalent vices or follies.

 If you need more help with the English language or concepts embodied in humor or parody I'm willing to allow you to hire me. Please contact me to work out pay and benefits.

I'll let you all know what the Facebook executive lounge is like.

No comments:

Post a Comment