About

Per Fidem Intrepidus means "Fearless Through Faith". My courage isn't my own, it comes from the Holy Spirit, it's my faith in God and my personal savior Christ Jesus that calms my fears and allows me to move forward in this fallen world. Personally I'm afraid of a lot of stuff, but having the faith that Jesus adopted me as his little, sin filled, brother keeps me going.

Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Wretched Wednesday - The Royal Wedding Sermon Disaster

I did not watch the royal wedding, in fact as far as I'm concerned the enchantment of anything royal ended in 1776. I do know several people that were agog at the worldwide display of excess by a familial dynasty built on patricide, matricide, mariticideuxoricide, fratricide, filicide, sororicide, and good old fashioned regicide. 242 years ago the "North American Union" rose up against the tyranny of a royalty run amok and gave us a new nation founded on the principles of inherent rights, government by the people, separation of powers, and not having to publicly fund fairy-tale weddings. While I hate royalty, I love England. England gave the world many things: one of the coolest flags in history, the Third and Fourth doctors, the DB-5, fish and chips, the Hitchhikers Guide, and most of all Charles Haddon Spurgeon. In return we sent them the comedic stylings of the drain circling Episcopal Church


No comments:

Post a Comment