About

Per Fidem Intrepidus means "Fearless Through Faith". My courage isn't my own, it comes from the Holy Spirit, it's my faith in God and my personal savior Christ Jesus that calms my fears and allows me to move forward in this fallen world. Personally I'm afraid of a lot of stuff, but having the faith that Jesus adopted me as his little, sin filled, brother keeps me going.

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Tony Tuesday - The Power of Praise


Things are a bit hectic here in the mile high city,  for me at least. If you notice I didn't even get a Random Bits entry out last week, my bride and I were a bit busy with the kids and didn't get a chance to update the blog. Which is why I'm posting a blog entry from Doctor Tony Evans today;
6 and said: “Lord, the God of our ancestors, are you not the God who is in heaven? You rule over all the kingdoms of the nations. Power and might are in your hand, and no one can withstand you.... 12 Our God, will you not judge them? For we have no power to face this vast army that is attacking us. We do not know what to do, but our eyes are on you. (2 Chronicles 20:6,12)

In this passage we read that the nation of Judah had just received horrible news. A vast army was gathering to destroy them, and King Jehoshaphat had no idea how they could survive such a vicious attack. However, he did know there was only one Person he could turn to, and that was God.

God quickly answered his prayer. He told him the battle was not Judah’s but His. Then the Lord set up the battle plan. Instead of warriors leading the way, God instructed the king to place the choir up front and march into battle singing praises to His name. I would have loved to have seen the king’s face when he heard that plan. No arrows or tar-and-pitch rockets were to fly through the air—only praises to God.

Regardless of what he felt inside, the king’s actions demonstrated that he trusted God as he obeyed the Lord. Before Judah reached the battlefield, God had thrown the enemy in to such confusion that they turned on one another. The army of Judah never lifted a bow because God defeated its enemies.

If you’re facing difficulty of any kind or size, begin to sing songs of praise to the Lord, and you will see your enemies defeated. Not only that, but your heart will be lifted, and you will sense a peace inside like nothing you have known. God wants to restore the peace you have lost. If you will let Him, He will give you a fresh touch of His peace, love, and grace when you praise Him.




No comments:

Post a Comment