About

Per Fidem Intrepidus means "Fearless Through Faith". My courage isn't my own, it comes from the Holy Spirit, it's my faith in God and my personal savior Christ Jesus that calms my fears and allows me to move forward in this fallen world. Personally I'm afraid of a lot of stuff, but having the faith that Jesus adopted me as his little, sin filled, brother keeps me going.

Thursday, October 29, 2015

Do Atheists Complain About Halloween?

I love the autumn and the things that go with it; the leaves changing colors, the smell of the dry leaves (or the damp leaves on a rainy day), the bite of frost, the sound of a college football game on a distant radio as leaves are being raked... I so miss the smell of burning leaves. I think a few handfuls are going to 'accidentally' drop into my firepit this weekend. Ages ago I lived near a cider mill and the smell of those crisp tart apples being juiced as I walked past the mill can only be described as heavenly.

Autumn traditionally is a time of plenty - down on the farm the harvest is in and the critters were frisky so there's too many animals to support during the winter. So we can the fruit and vegetables and feast on what we didn't have jars to hold, along with feasting on the surplus critters. Autumn is the perfect time for the Thanksgiving holiday because God's plenty abounds. It's also when Atheism shows its true colors

We know about Atheist's allergy to Christmas, the day we choose to celebrate the birth of our Savior and Lord, Christ Jesus. If you pay attention they also have a big issue with Thanksgiving, the day we annually set aside solely to give thanks to our Lord for His abundance. I've heard several atheist screeds verging on the hysterical about giving thanks to God on a day we set aside to give thanks to God. But what about Halloween? 


Has anyone ever heard an Atheist complain about Halloween? Halloween is a religious holiday, it's just not worshiping God, but instead Satan. Has anyone ever heard an Atheist complain of how worshiping Satan and his minions is ruining America? No, according to Austin Kline a self professed expert on Atheism, as far as an Atheist is concerned attacks on Halloween appear to be motivated by little more than childish spite on the part of Christians. 

There's a lesson to be learned here, not about Halloween but about Atheism. 

But what about Christians who celebrate Halloween? As I posted yesterday, Halloween is a Holy Day dedicated to everything we as Christians abhor, or should abhor if we were paying attention. Halloween is a worldy holiday dedicated to evil and the worship of all things Satanic and the Word of God is very clear on that:
See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, according to the tradition of men, according to the elementary principles of the world, rather than according to Christ. (Colossians 2:8)
When it comes to Halloween the choice is clear - do we serve God? Or do we celebrate Satan? This isn't the first time we have been asked this question.
Elijah came near to all the people and said, "How long will you hesitate between two opinions? If the LORD is God, follow Him; but if Baal, follow him." But the people did not answer him a word. (1 Kings 18:21)
Christians you are called to stand and choose
If it is disagreeable in your sight to serve the LORD, choose for yourselves today whom you will serve: whether the gods which your fathers served which were beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you are living; but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. (Joshua 24:15)
Not only are we called to oppose these satanic rites, we are called to correct those who fall to them
24 The Lord’s bond-servant must not be quarrelsome, but be kind to all, able to teach, patient when wronged, 25 with gentleness correcting those who are in opposition, if perhaps God may grant them repentance leading to the knowledge of the truth, (2 Timothy 2:24-25)
Many Christians believe they can have it both ways, they can praise the Lord on one day, then revel in the worldy worship of Satan the next, hot for Jesus then cold. Jesus has something to say about that too:
15 I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot; I wish that you were cold or hot. 16 So because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of My mouth. (Revelation 3:15-16)
Christian, if you feel a need to celebrate anything this Saturday, celebrate something worthy of celebrating, like the status update Martin Luther posted


No comments:

Post a Comment