About

Per Fidem Intrepidus means "Fearless Through Faith". My courage isn't my own, it comes from the Holy Spirit, it's my faith in God and my personal savior Christ Jesus that calms my fears and allows me to move forward in this fallen world. Personally I'm afraid of a lot of stuff, but having the faith that Jesus adopted me as his little, sin filled, brother keeps me going.

Monday, January 5, 2015

My New Favorite Prayer

Our pastor, I'll call him Pastor Paratus, sends out a prayer every day to his flock, this is my favorite:

We cannot thank You enough, Father God, for Your mercy, compassion and forgiveness.  

You do not treat us as our sins deserve, but instead You graciously call us back when we fall out of fellowship with You.  

Please give us discernment to quickly recognize the wiles of our enemy who may be trying to entice us to disobey, wisdom to renounce such temptations, and courage to do as You say.  

When we fail, grace us with humility to immediately confess rather than deny, avoid, justify, rationalize or otherwise try to shift the blame.  

May we never cringe in shame or guilt, knowing that because of the sacrificial death, victorious resurrection and current intercessory ministry of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, our confession brings forgiveness and reconciliation without any condemnation.

No comments:

Post a Comment