About

Per Fidem Intrepidus means "Fearless Through Faith". My courage isn't my own, it comes from the Holy Spirit, it's my faith in God and my personal savior Christ Jesus that calms my fears and allows me to move forward in this fallen world. Personally I'm afraid of a lot of stuff, but having the faith that Jesus adopted me as his little, sin filled, brother keeps me going.

Monday, August 11, 2014

Tim Horton! Where Are You?

Oh how I long for an Extra Large Double Double And A Cruller To Go! I miss Tim Horton's terribly and the K-Cups you can occasionally get just aren't doing it for me. For those of you who are not familiar with Tim Hortons you're probably from South America... well, from south of Detroit at least. Tim Hortons is a Canadian coffee and donut shop (owned by the American burger chain Wendy's) that is occasionally located south of the border for the blessed few. 

Tim Hortons is a superior cup of brew in a superior business setting. It's steaming hot nirvana for the working classes with a bagel on the side. And, most importantly, it's not Starbucks.

Tim Hortons is real coffee, delicious, piping hot, mixed just the way you want it (double-double!!!), no pretense, no arrogance, no made up phony languages to sound 'hip' and eurocentric, and no secular proselytization. All of which make Tim Horton's vastly superior to Starbucks


I'm sorry if you disagree but the fact exists that Starbucks is a phony plastic corporation whose primary goal is to separate the hipster wannabe from lots of money in return for a $1.25 cup of coffee at a 700% markup. Tim Horton's speaks English, it's "small" not "tall", it's "medium" not "grande", it's "large" not "vente", it's "extra large" not "doesn't exist". Ok, I'll admit it, I'm a "cream & sugar" kinda guy, the fanciest I get is "snow white and seven lumps", you will NEVER find me ordering a triple venti half sweet non-fat caramel macchiato or an iced half caff ristretto venti 4-pump sugar free cinnamon dolce soy skinny latte (and yes, people have actually said those things out loud. In public.) 

Once upon a time I was known to partake of Starbucks but $7 bucks for a flavored cup o' joe was starting to get on my nerves, and their normal, every day regular coffee is just plain bad. Besides, I've lived in Italy, a true cup of cappuccino does not exist in America, and Starbucks Romo-babble only drives that sad fact home. So I started my own financial boycott of Starbucks coming into their stores only for their holiday blends, but then Starbucks went full hipster with their strange need to shove their religious beliefs down my throat.

I refuse to allow a corporation to evangelize me. If Tim Hortons has a religious agenda they keep it completely silent. It is Tim Hortons company policy not to sponsor events representing religious groups, political affiliates or lobby groups. This is good, if I can find a Tim Hortons I can go in there and enjoy a cup of coffee knowing I am not unwittingly supporting something that goes against my biblical beliefs. Which, compared with Starbucks is a breath of fresh air.

We know that Starbucks doesn't like Christians, as they have stated in the past, it's not coffee that's their primary product it's gay marriage, and if you don't like it take your money somewhere else. Now, predicated by a lie ("Starbucks has been and remains a non-political organization.") Starbucks CEO Howard "Take Your Money Elsewhere" Schultz has released a statement stating that Starbucks does not and never has supported Israel. This is pretty close to the truth as Starbucks closed their Israel stores in 2003 citing unnamed "operating difficulties", but now their sins are coming home to roost. Due to a malicious prank letter on the internet the very folks that Starbucks has been pandering to, the reactionary left, now see Starbucks as the enemy forcing them to start backpedaling as their stores are being ravaged in a groundless frenzy of world wide anti-Semitic hatred.

Even Christians are jumping on the anti-Israel bandwagon, the web is full of "It's ok to be Christian and anti-Israel" websites, unfortunately to support Palestine is to support one of the top persecuting nations of Christians on earth. We know Israel,we know what God has planned for them, Genesis 12:3 teaches us the blessings for those that follow Israel. Unfortunately I also know Palestine.

With the world sinking into chaos as we near the end days, I want a refuge, and I don't want it interrupted. Christ Jesus is my #1 refuge in times of turmoil

2 I will say to the Lord, “My refuge and my fortress, My God, in whom I trust!” 3 For it is He who delivers you from the snare of the trapper And from the deadly pestilence. 4 He will cover you with His pinions, And under His wings you may seek refuge; His faithfulness is a shield and bulwark. (Psalm 91:2-4)
I don't want my refuge in Christ interrupted by evangelical secularists at the corporate level, and I definitely don't want my minor refuge in a hot cup of coffee interrupted by an irrational hate filled mob, the likes of which Starbucks wouldn't have to be backpedaling against if they had just shut up and sold coffee. Like Tim Hortons.

No comments:

Post a Comment