About

Per Fidem Intrepidus means "Fearless Through Faith". My courage isn't my own, it comes from the Holy Spirit, it's my faith in God and my personal savior Christ Jesus that calms my fears and allows me to move forward in this fallen world. Personally I'm afraid of a lot of stuff, but having the faith that Jesus adopted me as his little, sin filled, brother keeps me going.

Friday, January 24, 2014

I Can Never Go Home Again

A friend of mine is finally getting married! I'm so happy for her, and it looks like the Lord finally led her to true love. I'd love to be there to celebrate with her and her new husband but there's a bunch of things keeping me away - my folks are in poor health and I'm spending as much of my free time with them as our budget allows, and other than budgetary matters travel is not a fun thing for me. I've been all over the world and to be honest, most of it was against my will. For me the joy of traveling ends somewhere a little west of Independence Pass which is about a 3 hour drive from here. 

There's one other thing keeping me away from her wedding: It's in New York. And as everyone now knows as a Pro-life, Pro-marriage, Pro-constitution Christian I'm no longer allowed in New York State. 
"Who are they? Are they these extreme conservatives who are right to life, pro-assault weapons, anti-gay? Is that who they are? Because if that’s who they are and they’re the extreme conservatives, they have no place in the state of New York because that’s not who New Yorkers are." - NY Governor Andrew Cuomo

Defenders of Mr. Cuomo said he was merely talking about right wing politicians being unwelcome in New York, not people, (which opens a whole new can of worms in itself) however NYC mayor Bill de Blasio upheld Mr. Cuomo's segregationist pronouncement
“I agree with Governor Cuomo’s remarks. I interpret his remarks to say that an extremist attitude that continues the reality of violence in our communities or an extremist attitude that denies the rights of women does not represent the views of New York State,” - NYC Mayor Bill di Blasio
Andy and Bill would approve
What Mr. Cuomo and Mr. di Blasio are saying is that if you don't agree with their personal agenda then you are an extremist and you don't belong in New York. At least the Jim Crow south made separate facilities for the people they hate, is the modern Jim Crow New York demanding internment camps or just forced relocation to other states? Neither man appears to be deep enough to understand the difference between being "anti-sin" and their boilerplate accusation of "anti-gay" and both men are bound and determined to make unborn children an endangered species.

One of their agendas is a ban on "assault weapons" however they don't actually have a definition of what an assault weapon really is. As best as anyone can guess, to politically acceptable NY minds an assault weapon is any gun that looks scary. At this point I would like to assure my readers that the words "except assault weapons" do not appear in the second amendment (which for the next few months is still the law of the land), but the term "slippery slope" does apply here. The Cuomo administration likes to use the Bushmaster as an example of a "high powered assault rifle" but to anyone who has any arms experience the .223 Bushmaster is little more than a plastic pop-gun when compared with a good quality hunting rifle. We would call a .223 a "plinking gun".

However if plastic pop-guns are banned by law it's my duty to get rid of any gun I own with a terrifying flat black finish. As a Christian I am bound to obey the law of the land and to submit to authority, there is no question about it:
1 Every person is to be in subjection to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those which exist are established by God. Therefore whoever resists authority has opposed the ordinance of God; and they who have opposed will receive condemnation upon themselves. (Romans 13:1-2)
That's not to say I shouldn't do everything I can do, within a legal framework, to change the laws of the land that are unjust, unfair, or downright wrong. Is owning a rifle with a flat black plastic stock wrong? No it's not, unless you live in New York, because plastic guns are scary. Is realizing that sin is against God's will wrong? No unless you live in New York where some sins are now political sacraments. Is killing a child because it's inconvenient wrong? Yes, unless you live in New York where unborn children are little more than political chess pieces. Here's where Christians and the laws of man diverge. 

If the New York State P.C. Enforcement Stormtroopers break down my door and take my plastic pop-gun away does it really effect anyone? Other than economically, no. I'm out a couple hundred dollars and a venison diner. Does telling people that taking a human life is an inalienable right extended to women only effect anyone? Yes, the millions of babies slaughtered are surely effected, and the tens of thousands of women whose lives are shattered from the regret caused by the act of murdering their baby. Not to mention the links between abortion and breast cancer which means that one abortion can end two lives. When it comes to the lives of the unborn and the lives of the women who bought into the lie we as Christians are bound to follow the examples of the apostles when Peter said in Acts 5:29 "We must obey God rather than men." Meaning that we must prioritize God's law over man's law, but we must do it with love and we must obey the existing legal framework to change these laws.

As far as I'm concerned, New York is a land that has been lost to the Ruler of this world (John 12:31) and rapidly sliding faster into that dark pit, and it's our job as Christians to help as many escape as possible.  At this point my question is this: Where's the Roman Catholic Church? Pope Francis calls the slaughter of the unborn "Horrific" yet he and his church do nothing about Cuomo and di Blasio, and Nancy Pelosi, all proud "good Catholics" and all three eager to see every unborn child possible murdered in the name of political expediency. Where is the church discipline? The Catholic church has much to say about abortion and contraception but does nothing about their church members that promote and encourage the very acts that their church finds horrific. Or does God's righteousness end at the collection plate?

No comments:

Post a Comment