About

Per Fidem Intrepidus means "Fearless Through Faith". My courage isn't my own, it comes from the Holy Spirit, it's my faith in God and my personal savior Christ Jesus that calms my fears and allows me to move forward in this fallen world. Personally I'm afraid of a lot of stuff, but having the faith that Jesus adopted me as his little, sin filled, brother keeps me going.

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Random Bits



Why aren't faith healers donating their time to children's hospitals? And why aren't their followers asking them this question? If Benny Hinn is so awesome why are there pediatric oncologists at all?

Let's face it, if the New Apostolic Reformation really could bestow Gods powers on someone by decree why is there the nation destroying financial nightmare called Obamacare? Why aren't there armies of faith healers moving through hospitals, hospices, and clinics healing the sick?



---------------

The old myth that if you throw a witch into a pond she'll float is false. She'll sink, dragged to the bottom under the weight of her pentacles, pentagrams, crystals, charms, potions, spells, and tattoo ink.

------------------

My bride and I went into a book store in Boulder CO the other day, and we gravitated toward the religion section. I wasn't surprised but my bride was shocked to find that over 90% of the section (which took up most of the top floor) was dedicated to Hindu, Buddhism, and other pagan rites. The "Christian" section was made up mostly on attacks on Jesus and his bride.

There was only one bible for sale in the unnamed Boulder book store, it was titled The C. S. Lewis bible. Unfortunately The C. S. Lewis Bible ties the works of a man of God to a bible version he would have rejected outright as heretical; the NRSV translation.

If you ever wonder if yoga is pure paganism or not, just go into the religion section of any Boulder book seller. You'll never try to tie yourself into a knot again.

--------------------

Wiccans claim not to be satanists yet their "Ancient Religion" goes all the way back to 1939 when Gerald Gardener formed wicca very loosely based on old practices. Gardner was a devout satanist and a student of Alester Crowley, who is still known as the most evil man in the world. Wicca claims not to be Satanic even though it was based on Crowleys Satanic writings and rituals. In other words wicca believes they can plant poison ivy seed and expect roses to bloom.

------------------

While leading worship at service last week I had a sudden epiphany (which is a real pain while singing in front of people). We were singing The Battle Hymn Of The Republic (Independence Day service) and we came to the third line of the second verse:

"I can read His righteous sentence by the dim and flaring lamps"

I always thought that this meant the soldiers thought their service was a form if divine punishment, they were sentenced to battle. There on the podium I realized that this line meant the soldiers were reading the Bible before going into battle, reading God's word by what ever dim light was available. This was a moving realization as the joy of spreading the Good News of Christ Jesus is now denied to our fighting men by the Obama administration.

No comments:

Post a Comment