About

Per Fidem Intrepidus means "Fearless Through Faith". My courage isn't my own, it comes from the Holy Spirit, it's my faith in God and my personal savior Christ Jesus that calms my fears and allows me to move forward in this fallen world. Personally I'm afraid of a lot of stuff, but having the faith that Jesus adopted me as his little, sin filled, brother keeps me going.

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Stranger in a Strange World

To heck with this world. I'm tired of it. I'm tired of the nonsense and stupidity and sinfullness. This rock has been an accursed place since Eve shared a fresh picked picnic lunch with Adam and the way that the worlds "leaders" are now governing the world into the ground it's like they're piloting the Hindenburg but with less concern for human life. 

The world is falling apart so fast it's like Satan has been elected UN Secretary General and God is just kicking back saying "I told you this would happen, now where's those seven trumpeters, it's almost show time."

Then again, try and prove me wrong, I dare you. 


For twenty years I dedicated my life to defending and protecting the constitution of the United States, submitting my body to weather extremes only few can guess of. I've soaked up rads, I've been exposed to all forms of exotic and deadly solvents, lubricants and propulsion juice, noise so deafening loud that three layers of ear protection only took the edge off. I've had guns pointed at me in anger and fingers pointed at me in blame, I've been spit on and sworn at (but they were hippies so who cares) And I've helped the Strategic Air Command convert thousands of Iraqi soldiers into something resembling chunky style raspberry jam. And as a reward I get to watch the brain fried druggies of the 60's and 70's take over this once proud country and use the constitution like the leading two ply toilet tissue. 

It used to make me mad watching my beloved country turn from Democracy to Idiocracy in just the past 4 years, but Jesus entered my life and reminded me to not take this personal because this isn't my home. The world is just a waiting room, a proving ground, a test track. If you strictly put all your energy into improving the world, all you're doing is making a nicer place to go to hell from. God created the heavens and the earth to show us His glory, not to replace His glory, but how many people do you know that is guilty of worshiping the creation rather than the creator? Christian, we are behind enemy lines, trying to get home, and Jesus warned us that everyone is out to stop us: 

18 If the world hates you, know that it has hated Me before it hated you. 19 If you were of the world, the world would love its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, because of this the world hates you. (John 15:18-19)
In His prayer to God just before His death on the cross, Jesus reminded us, his true disciples, that we don't belong here:
They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. (John 17:16)
and He told us not to get too attached to this tree covered rock, because there's greater things to love (God) and if we're loving this world we're actively and defiantly busy not loving Him
Do not love the world nor the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. (1 John 2:15)
And what about those blind purpose driven followers of heretics like Rick Warren and Steven Furtic, the goats of the emergent church? You know the kind, those that believe that by making the world a kinder, nicer, fluffier, prettier place that they're building God's kingdom here on earth rather than allowing Him to build His own kingdom. The bible has a very special description for them: WHORES.
You adulteresses, do you not know that friendship with the world is hostility toward God? Therefore whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God. (James 4:4)
We don't belong here, this isn't our home. We are physically (but thank God not spiritually) separated from our Father but we're going home soon. And Paul reminds us where we actually belong and that we're not just in line for a change of address, we're also looking at an upgrade too;
20 For our citizenship is in heaven, from which also we eagerly wait for a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ; 21 who will transform the body of our humble state into conformity with the body of His glory, by the exertion of the power that He has even to subject all things to Himself. (Philippians 3:20-21)

So I suppose the best thing to do is to (In the words of Clint Eastwood in Heartbreak Ridge) "Do it right and enjoy the view" So I shake my head sadly as the world falls apart and the goats don't even see Satan's hand in the chaos this world is descending into. I witness to those who will listen and those that can't or won't hear the word I keep in mind Jesus' admonition and I stop casting pearls before swine. And when someone gets back in my face about my witnessing I just remember what Jesus said
24 If I had not done among them the works which no one else did, they would not have sin; but now they have both seen and hated Me and My Father as well. 25 But they have done this to fulfill the word that is written in their Law, ‘They hated Me without a cause.’ (John 15:24-25)
Hater's gonna hate

No comments:

Post a Comment