About

Per Fidem Intrepidus means "Fearless Through Faith". My courage isn't my own, it comes from the Holy Spirit, it's my faith in God and my personal savior Christ Jesus that calms my fears and allows me to move forward in this fallen world. Personally I'm afraid of a lot of stuff, but having the faith that Jesus adopted me as his little, sin filled, brother keeps me going.

Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Wretched WWUTT Wednesday

Todd Freil discusses what I've discussed quite often in the past in my own posts and in WWUTT Wednesday post - Should a Christian commit herbicide? There is one point in both videos (You'll get the "both" reference when you watch it) where Galatians 5:19-21 is mentioned. WWUTT and Todd discuss that big "Laundry List 'O Sins" and Todd talks about a sin that is different than the sin that WWUTT points out.

I myself pick out a sin from that list that can be applicable too: Idolatry. Living in Colorado you soon learn that Marijuana is not just a danger to the environment or your health, it's practically worshiped here. It was always the unofficial Colorado state tree, but when this foul thing became legal it became the official Colorado demigod. Just to question its miraculous "healing" powers is akin to heresy and folks get very very upset if you question their idol. Foaming at the mouth upset. To be honest I can see inquisitions being formed to purge those who question the glorious weed. And the social destruction it has caused this state is incredible. If you want to explore the joys of hepatitis A, B, or C just come on up and hang out with the poor souls addicted (yes addicted) to the unholy weed.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Doug,

    "Just to question its miraculous "healing" powers is akin to heresy and folks get very very upset if you question their idol. Foaming at the mouth upset."

    Sounds terrible!

    Here in the East, under the current NYC administration, smoking joints in public is no longer considered a crime. Or, at the very least, there does not seem to be any enforcement.

    I miss the days when the worst to deal with was the sidewalk (tobacco) smokers.

    ReplyDelete