About

Per Fidem Intrepidus means "Fearless Through Faith". My courage isn't my own, it comes from the Holy Spirit, it's my faith in God and my personal savior Christ Jesus that calms my fears and allows me to move forward in this fallen world. Personally I'm afraid of a lot of stuff, but having the faith that Jesus adopted me as his little, sin filled, brother keeps me going.

Friday, July 1, 2016

Random Bits

"I walk through this sinful world as a 
pilgrim in a foreign country" - CH Spurgeon
It's been a very long past few weeks. Work has been busier than I've ever seen it, mostly because I've been moved away from my traditional job of troubleshooting existing systems to developing new systems that I'll eventually have to troubleshoot. Along with work I've been visiting my doctor(s) quite often for a myriad of odd complaints that have been popping up.

Finally Dr. Awesome was able to figure out what all these weird occurances was - they were all symptoms of iron deficiency anemia. (and yes, I had ALL of those symptoms and some of them were pretty rough) Cool, all I have to do is take an iron supplement? You rock, doc! However, Dr. Awesome now wants to know why I had iron deficiency anemia in the first place... so I'll be spending a big chunk of July in and out of the hospital getting radiated, and poked, and scanned in all kinds of uncomfortable places (like the Internal Medicine lab, it's very uncomfortable in there)

All these coming appointments will be eating into my vacation time but it's such a blessing. I get to meet some of the most dedicated, caring professionals God has ever graced the planet, each and every one is a joy to visit. A few of my favorite nurses have left for other things, one up and got her commission in the USAF (Congrats Capt. Laura!) and another went on to oncology (what a tough, heart breaking job). Thank you Father in Heaven for blessing us with these wonderful men and women who dedicate their lives to making our lives just a little better (and please forgive me for the jokes I make about helping Dr. Cardio with his yacht payments) As for the rest of the world...

Who has a right to speak out about homosexuality after the slaughter of homosexuals in Orlando?


Why I am not dispensational

Transgender folks get to dress up like soldiers now. This is clearly Obama's military

Methodist Book of Discipline: “The practice of homosexuality is incompatible with Christian teaching.” Methodist Church: "That's just crazy talk"

How can anyone take the New Apostolic Reformation and their False Prophets serious when they say stuff like this?

Sometimes I think Rush Limbaugh was right about this woman

Religion of Peace Update - Transmania strikes the Religion of Peace. (How long until Iran nukes Pakistan?)

Hindu extremists attack and beat several Christians, in response the police fine the Christians

Hindu extremists stormed a Christian worship meeting and beat a 66-year-old pastor unconscious.

A Chinese official seized a Christian's land and threatened to skin him if he complained

Christianity is the new secondhand smoke.

Let me see if I have this right: frozen human embryos have rights but human embryos in the womb don't?

A Colorado pastor is prohibited from using the name of Jesus in advertisements

Professing Evangelicals are assisting the pope in his agenda to reverse the Reformation

Cup of Joe: Politicians and the Social Gospel

It's got to be true! I saw it on the Internet: Nation’s Hospitals Prepare For Influx Of Shell-Shocked VBS Volunteers


3 comments:

  1. I'm really sick of the Obama Administration doing everything possible to destroy our military with every sort of perversion.

    The NAR just gets nuttier and nuttier!!

    Embryos in the womb vs frozen embryos and rights. That is bizarre


    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are able to find the cause of the anemia and get some relief, Doug.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Relief, yes. As for finding out the cause... let's just say my doctors haven't planned vacation for July and neither can I

      Delete