About

Per Fidem Intrepidus means "Fearless Through Faith". My courage isn't my own, it comes from the Holy Spirit, it's my faith in God and my personal savior Christ Jesus that calms my fears and allows me to move forward in this fallen world. Personally I'm afraid of a lot of stuff, but having the faith that Jesus adopted me as his little, sin filled, brother keeps me going.

Friday, April 8, 2016

Random Bits

"I walk through this sinful world as a 
pilgrim in a foreign country" - CH Spurgeon
When I was assigned to the 80th Fighter Squadron "Headhunters" we would give each other the Juvat Salute, an unofficial acknowledgement of brotherhood and solidarity. Only a member of the 80th could give another member of the 80th the Juvat Salute. The word Juvat comes from the squadron motto Audentes Fortuna Juvat which means "Fortune Favors the Bold", in fact we called ourselves Juvats rather than Headhunters.

The Juvat Salute is both arms raised, fists clenched and held above the head, you shake your fists and shout "JUVAT!" (or Oooh RAH! depending on your mood) . A Juvat salute must be returned, which could be considered dangerous if you're doing something like loading a bomb, driving a truck, or taxiing an F-16, but I've never seen a Juvat Salute go unanswered.

I only bring this up because I taught my 10 month old granddaughter to give a Juvat Salute. She's good at yelling and she's good at putting her hands over her head, so why not? And it's totally cute. Of course her grandmother and her mom aren't impressed, but my son-in-law thinks it's a riot. And just so you don't think I'm a complete reprobate I am teaching her to pray too. Being 10 months old with a vocabulary of 0 we're going to start off simple; "Yay God!" I think it's perfect because we're called to praise and worship God, and what's better than a hear felt "Yay!"? I'll teach her about petitioning when she's old enough to understand what "according to His will" means (1 John 5:14)

Christians are the most persecuted people on earth. And now the left has decided that being a Christian is an unfair privilege.

"There are two equal and opposite errors into which our race can fall about the devils. One is to disbelieve in their existence. The other is to believe, and to feel an excessive and unhealthy interest in them. They themselves are equally pleased by both errors and hail a materialist or a magician with the same delight." - C. S. Lewis


Get your eccumenical on! Rub elbows with the Dominionists of the NAR and the Romish Church! It's Azusa Now! A thunderclap crowdspeaking mass-shared flash mob hyperventilating summons to prayer, fasting,repentance and celebration of Pope Francis' Year of Mercy broadcast by the effervescent people at God TV, TBN, Juce TV and Daystar. (You may have noticed, I'm not catching the fever)

The gaystapo is going to freak out over this

China's Catholics: 'Rome may betray us, but I won’t join a Church which is controlled by the Communist Party

Kevin Sorbo believes that Hollywood is catching on to the fact that there's a market for faith based entertainment

God did it better, and He did it first.

Religion of Peace Update - 500 people are reported to have been murdered by muslims in more than 10 villages in Nigeria

Notre Dame University intends to confer the Laetare Medal an honor given to Catholics "in recognition of outstanding service to the Church and society to a pro-abortion, pro-homosexual marriage politician

Sorry, but I can't envision wasting a lot of time or thought over this... just leave my corpse by the curb on trash day if you have to, I won't be using it any more.

A great example of hypocrisy on the left

Baby seized by the state of Norway has been returned to his parents.The other four children remain in state custody

Even professional atheist Richard Dawkins gets it, and he points out the mainstream media's embarrassing untruths when the media claims that the atrocities carried out against Christians by Islamic extremists have "nothing to do with religion"

Speaking of professional atheists, the United Church of Canada rejected "Minister" Gretta Vosper's attempt to stop the official review of her qualifications and potential defrocking. I covered Mrs. Vospers deception nearly a year ago


1 comment:

  1. In the airborne we had a regular salute but we had a "challenge" and "counterchallenge." Only with airborne officers, though. We'd say "All the way, Sir," and the officer would respond with "AIRBORNE"!

    Rome's course on exorcism is about the same as charismatic courses on speaking in tongues -- and just as effective for truth.

    Good collection, as usual.

    ReplyDelete