About

Per Fidem Intrepidus means "Fearless Through Faith". My courage isn't my own, it comes from the Holy Spirit, it's my faith in God and my personal savior Christ Jesus that calms my fears and allows me to move forward in this fallen world. Personally I'm afraid of a lot of stuff, but having the faith that Jesus adopted me as his little, sin filled, brother keeps me going.

Wednesday, August 22, 2018

WWUTT Wednesday - Did Jesus (REALLY) Declare All Foods Clean?

Bacon wrapped shrimp - the thought of which sets my mouth to watering but that thought has been known to render rabbis, imams, and hindus apoplectic. Delicious it is, kosher it is not. 

Kosher (which means "proper") foods omit most notably pork and shellfish, also state that meat and dairy may not be combined, and meat must be ritually slaughtered and salted to remove all traces of blood. So an innocent pork free cheeseburger is Not Kosher.

Halal (which means "lawful") foods omit pork but some shellfish such as shrimp are debated, clams are definitely haram (unlawful). Since Islamic food law falls under Islamic jurisprudence you can literally lose your head over that bacon wrapped shrimp. 

The diet of Hindus usually does not include eggs, fish or meat. Ancient Hindu texts describe the whole of creation as a vast food chain, and the cosmos as a giant food cycle.



No comments:

Post a Comment