About

Per Fidem Intrepidus means "Fearless Through Faith". My courage isn't my own, it comes from the Holy Spirit, it's my faith in God and my personal savior Christ Jesus that calms my fears and allows me to move forward in this fallen world. Personally I'm afraid of a lot of stuff, but having the faith that Jesus adopted me as his little, sin filled, brother keeps me going.

Wednesday, October 10, 2018

WWUTT Wednesday - Does the Bible Say the Earth Is Flat?

Look - silently he comes, Great A'Tuin, the giant star turtle (species Chelys galactica) swimming slowly through space. He is  fully aware of the weight of the four giant elephants on his back: Berilia, Tubul, Great T'Phon, and Jerakeen. They in turn carry the flat disk of the world on their backs while around them circle the small sun and tiny moon. Occasionally Jerakeen must lift a foreleg to let the moon go past.

No where in the bible will you find this, or anything like this. This particular scenario comes from the hilarious fertile imagination of Terry Pratchett. I don't think the bible even mentions turtles or elephants, and I know it doesn't mention what is the shape of the world . There's more important things to consider when the Word of God is pondered.


No comments:

Post a Comment