About

Per Fidem Intrepidus means "Fearless Through Faith". My courage isn't my own, it comes from the Holy Spirit, it's my faith in God and my personal savior Christ Jesus that calms my fears and allows me to move forward in this fallen world. Personally I'm afraid of a lot of stuff, but having the faith that Jesus adopted me as his little, sin filled, brother keeps me going.

Wednesday, October 24, 2018

WWUTT Wednesday - Conspiracy Theories

When I retired from the Air Force I ran into something that I had never had to deal with before: Conspiracy Theories. Yeah, in the military we had stories floating about, but they were called "scuttlebutt", "rumors", "propaganda" and "#@%&!", most dealt with relatively simple things; upcoming deployments, new equipment, and why did the Deputy Commander of Operations go on leave so suddenly? 

Now that I've worked in the "real world" for a couple of decades it seems that the world is fueled by conspiracy theories, and some of this stuff is just nuts. Did FDR allow Japan to bomb Pearl Harbor? Did the CIA assassinate JFK? Did LBJ intentionally escalate the Vietnam War just to get re-elected? (actually that last one is a historical fact) 

The ones I hear from Christians are probably the worst because we know that this world is going to get worse, why make yourself sick about it? Obama did not round up Christians and ship us off to FEMA camps, and maybe the Pope really is the antichrist, so what? 1 John 2:18-22 tells us the world is crawling with antichrists. As a Christian stop and think: does it really matter that Google knows you watch cat videos?



No comments:

Post a Comment