About

Per Fidem Intrepidus means "Fearless Through Faith". My courage isn't my own, it comes from the Holy Spirit, it's my faith in God and my personal savior Christ Jesus that calms my fears and allows me to move forward in this fallen world. Personally I'm afraid of a lot of stuff, but having the faith that Jesus adopted me as his little, sin filled, brother keeps me going.

Wednesday, June 6, 2018

WWUTT Wretched Wednesday - Just The Basics

It's an evil world out there, and I truly believe that this hectic world is designed to insure one thing: that we forget the basics and wander off on a new path following Satan to your doom. Look at Tony Campollo, I've heard rumor that once upon a time he was a solid bible believing Christian, but Tony's son decided that sin is more fun that being a Christian. So Tony decided to listen to his own son rather than God's son and came to the conclusion that God Is Not In Control. 

There's no one verse in the bible that jumps out and says "God is in control" but there are 31,102 verses that show this to be the case. And if we are to pay attention to just the Red Letters as Tony Campollo insists, how did he miss Mark 10:6-8?

We have preachers that can't spread the Word of God from anything but the newest and best corporate jets, preachers that can slay you in the spirit and the wallet, preachers whose houses exceed $13 million dollars while preaching of the man who had no place to lay his head. Pile upon this snowflakes, teens on murderous rampages, and my favorite - a president who should be impeached because he talked about doing things that another president did with pride and was defended viciously by those who now snarl about impeachment. My head is swirling - I need to get back to the basics





No comments:

Post a Comment