About

Per Fidem Intrepidus means "Fearless Through Faith". My courage isn't my own, it comes from the Holy Spirit, it's my faith in God and my personal savior Christ Jesus that calms my fears and allows me to move forward in this fallen world. Personally I'm afraid of a lot of stuff, but having the faith that Jesus adopted me as his little, sin filled, brother keeps me going.

Thursday, May 17, 2018

Spurgeon Thursday - Thank You Charles

So much has been swirling around in my head lately, so much turmoil this year, and the year is not half done. Stepson #1's broken leg, Mom's passing, my health ups and downs, my sister's emotional trauma over mom's passing, my Stepson #2's problems, his wife and children's reaction to those problems, and my poor dear wife who can only stand firm and let the waves of adversity wash over her.

Have you ever had one of those Job days/weeks/months/years? We all have and yeah, it's tough. Sometime Proverbs 3:11-12 makes God's love bittersweet 
11 My son, do not reject the discipline of the LORD Or loathe His reproof, 12 For whom the LORD loves He reproves, Even as a father corrects the son in whom he delights.
Sometimes you just want to shout "SIR? Can you please spread the love around a little bit?" Proverbs is a great great book to follow when you're following God, and it doesn't soft pedal anything. Proverbs gives wisdom (not advice; wisdom) on matters pertaining to personal conduct, sexual relations, business, wealth, charity, ambition, discipline, debt, child-rearing, character, alcohol, politics, revenge, and godliness. But sometimes you need God's word explained to you in just a different sort of way, a way that eases your soul like Milk of Magnesia eases the knots in your stomach. Charles Spurgeon had such a gift and here, 126 years from his passing, his words give me joy that God's plan will work out:


Spurgeon, Charles, Delmarva Publication, Inc. (2015). “The Complete Works of Charles Spurgeon, Volume 78”, p.92, Delmarva Publications, Inc.                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment