About

Per Fidem Intrepidus means "Fearless Through Faith". My courage isn't my own, it comes from the Holy Spirit, it's my faith in God and my personal savior Christ Jesus that calms my fears and allows me to move forward in this fallen world. Personally I'm afraid of a lot of stuff, but having the faith that Jesus adopted me as his little, sin filled, brother keeps me going.

Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Wretched Wednesday - The Theology of Chairs

I've run into plenty of Cringe Worthy theology from both non Christians and Christians alike and most of it comes from not understanding the whole meaning of the text. For example I often hear "an eye for an eye" used to say that a believer is justified to use physical violence for an imagined slight. 

Quite often in the past I've mentioned the 20/20 rule of using a bible quote, to read 20 verses before and after a bible verse that you want to use to insure you are using it in context. However this is just a rule of thumb - how often have you heard that 2 Corinthians 6:14 means that a Christian shouldn't marry a non-believer? The 20/20 rule won't discount that theory, but you have to dig deeper to understand that it isn't marriage device. You have to read 1 Corinthians 7:12-16 to fully understand what God's plan is for theologically mixed marriages.


No comments:

Post a Comment