About

Per Fidem Intrepidus means "Fearless Through Faith". My courage isn't my own, it comes from the Holy Spirit, it's my faith in God and my personal savior Christ Jesus that calms my fears and allows me to move forward in this fallen world. Personally I'm afraid of a lot of stuff, but having the faith that Jesus adopted me as his little, sin filled, brother keeps me going.

Wednesday, November 8, 2017

WWUTT Wednesday - He will wipe away every tear from their eyes

He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be any death; there will no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away. (Revelation 21:4)

On November 5th at 11:25 AM a madman walked up to a small church and opened fire on people outside and on the building itself. The terrified people inside breathed a sigh of relief when the shooting stopped, but that was just the opening salvo. The madman then entered the church building and the slaughter began in earnest. I won't recap what happened inside the Sutherland Springs TX First Baptist Church, but let me say that their congregation is about the same size as the congregation in my own tiny family of loving Bereans. The thought of the possibility of watching half of my church family being executed has hit me harder than I had imagined.

Or is it the thought that I, a physically broken weak worthless wretched sinner, may survive while many of the beautiful saints that I love so much die around me, be the thought that turns my stomach?

But this didn't happen in my little corner of Colorado, home of the Mentally Disturbed Mass Shooters, it happened in Texas, another land I wouldn't mind calling home. Our church hasn't had an official discussion on concealed carry for our "sheep dogs" but we probably will. I can't speak for the other veterans on the board, Pastor Semper Paratus and Deacon Semper Fi, but as for myself (Deacon Visum Altum?), I laid down my arms upon reentry into the civilian world. I even gave up hunting and (most) fireworks. The smell of burning cordite has lost its allure and the only venison on my table is supplied by my son-in-law. I will do anything it takes to protect my flock, anything but deadly force.

My #1 defensive weapon? Prayer. Yes, many liberals are having a field day making fun of us, our prayers, and our faith in God. I won't repost any of their remarks here, many are so foul and hate filled I was shocked at their heartlessness. But that's ok, we will pray for them. They mostly need to understand the core of Christian prayer:
Thy will be done...




1 comment:

  1. I will never lay down my arms. I have them to protect my home, and for when I need to leave my home into this mad, mad world of Muslim terrorism and anti-Christian terrorism.

    ReplyDelete