About

Per Fidem Intrepidus means "Fearless Through Faith". My courage isn't my own, it comes from the Holy Spirit, it's my faith in God and my personal savior Christ Jesus that calms my fears and allows me to move forward in this fallen world. Personally I'm afraid of a lot of stuff, but having the faith that Jesus adopted me as his little, sin filled, brother keeps me going.

Wednesday, September 6, 2017

WWUTT Wednesday - Eternal Security

I have probably heard this topic discussed more than any other in Christendom and sometimes quite hotly. I have read several documents on this subject which leads me to believe that if you lay every theologian end to end, they will all point in different directions. Eternal Security is a serious question, and one that should be approached prayerfully and calmly and rest assured, some day you WILL know the answer. 

I've found that there are three terms that get befuddled in this discussion; "Eternal Salvation", the "Perseverance of Saints", and Once Saved Always Saved. Eternal Salvation is the teaching that Salvation is dependent on Christ's faithfulness--not man's. Perseverance of the Saints means that God will cause the Christian to persevere to the end. Once Saved Always Saved is the position that no matter what a person does he will remain saved. None of these are a license to sin, furthermore, anyone who claims to be a Christian and purposely uses God's grace in order to sin is demonstrating that he is not regenerate because he is acting in a manner that contradicts regeneration (1 John 2:4)



No comments:

Post a Comment