About

Per Fidem Intrepidus means "Fearless Through Faith". My courage isn't my own, it comes from the Holy Spirit, it's my faith in God and my personal savior Christ Jesus that calms my fears and allows me to move forward in this fallen world. Personally I'm afraid of a lot of stuff, but having the faith that Jesus adopted me as his little, sin filled, brother keeps me going.

Friday, September 22, 2017

Random Bits

"I walk through this sinful world as a 
pilgrim in a foreign country" - CH Spurgeon
This past week I was in a political discussion on line where my position was that we need to support our elected officials with our prayers even if the unthinkable happened and Madam Hillary was elected and of course my reasoning was Romans 13:1-7. Another member in the discussion wanted to know how I came to that conclusion from the verses I quoted and he reposed Romans 13 and other verses with a response that literally denied the bible verses that he posted himself.

I didn't get too far into his argument because the Romans 13:1-2 verses he posted looked odd to me. His quote of "the existing authorities stand placed in their relative positions by God" looked very strange and he used that version to say that God didn't establish governments. I searched and searched through my usual bible sites for that quote: Bible Hub, Bible Gateway, Blue Letter Bible, Bible Study Tools, Olive Tree - nothing. It's like that particular translation was completely made up. So I searched in google for the exact text and it came right up, the New World Translation, so in essence I was right about the origin of that quote. I broke off the conversation right there, because in all honesty, you can always tell a Jehovah's Witness, but you can't tell them much

Ahhhhhh HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!! Seriously, the punchline is Matthew 24:36

Molech-worshiping ghouls cheering the free slaughter of infants

English politicians force their sins on the church

The Mennonites now slide into apostasy

Speaking of apostasy


One can only wonder what brought this twisted idea into her head

That old time Prosperity gospel just rocks!

The LDS buys the earliest known manuscript of the book of Mormon for $35,000,000 I wonder if they were disappointed to find it wasn't embossed on gold plates

Australian activists threaten to torch a church sign for supporting Biblical marriage

After closing its doors to hurricane Harvey victims, Joel Osteen's Lakewood monument to money opened it's doors to the displaced Houston Jewish community for the Jewish High Holy Days

Hazing at a Christian college? Hazing so vicious and cruel that 5 students were charged with felonies? Who is in charge there? It's obviously not God

Here's your chance to exercise your love for Christ and follow his orders in Matthew 5:44

You can't not bake a cake and you can't not video record a sin

You can't not enter into a discussion of sin either

The Chinese ban a Christian academy for brainwashing

A wicked and adulterous generation looking for a sign

A truly terrifying movie is in the works. The horror! It's got to be true, I saw it on the Internet


1 comment:

  1. My first wind of Mennonites heading down the road to apostasy was back in 2013 when a Canadian Mennonite seminary began teaching Lectio Divina. The January 1, 2014 Christian News edition reported on the Mennonite Church USA ordaining "first openly homosexual pastor" in Colorado, and this was a lesbian. In that same month Lighthouse Trails reported One that hundred fifty Mennonite Church USA pastors and others credentialed for ministry have signed a letter calling on denominational leaders to “change church policies” to “make space for congregations and pastors who welcome and bless” gay and lesbian Christians and other sexual minorities.
    Since at least 2005 the Mennonites have been teaching children contemplative spirituality.
    New Years Eve 2014 was also when a Canadian Mennonite church first "married" a "gay" couple.
    From that point on it seems the Canadian Mennonites are outdoing themselves in denying essential doctrines, such as inerrancy of Scripture. Not to be outdone, two U.S. Mennonite colleges announced in 2015 that they were allowing hiring of those who are "married" to their homosexual partners.

    "Speaking of apostasy". - Well what do you expect with two female "pastors"?

    You forgot the link for the LDS purchase.

    ReplyDelete