About

Per Fidem Intrepidus means "Fearless Through Faith". My courage isn't my own, it comes from the Holy Spirit, it's my faith in God and my personal savior Christ Jesus that calms my fears and allows me to move forward in this fallen world. Personally I'm afraid of a lot of stuff, but having the faith that Jesus adopted me as his little, sin filled, brother keeps me going.

Wednesday, June 21, 2017

WWUTT Wednesday - Who Condemns People To Hell?

I hear a lot of people claim that "God is Love so there's no way He will condemn me to hell." To me it appears that this sort of feeling seems to be found quite often in the emergent churches. To many it appears to make sense that if God is Love then He scoop me out of the fires of hell. Of course a thinking like that ignores OUR part in this whole Heaven/Hell dichotomy and ignores the huge array of God's other attributes, not the least of which is being JUST. 

Martin Bashir once asked Rob Bell "Is it irrelevant about how one responds to Christ in this life in terms of determining one's eternal destiny?" Bell responded "It is terribly relevant and terribly important. Now, how exactly that works out and how exactly that works in the future, we are now firmly in the realm of speculation," What kind of speculation is Mr. Bell talking about? God made it abundantly clear what to expect from a faithless life




No comments:

Post a Comment