About

Per Fidem Intrepidus means "Fearless Through Faith". My courage isn't my own, it comes from the Holy Spirit, it's my faith in God and my personal savior Christ Jesus that calms my fears and allows me to move forward in this fallen world. Personally I'm afraid of a lot of stuff, but having the faith that Jesus adopted me as his little, sin filled, brother keeps me going.

Wednesday, March 29, 2017

WWUTT Wednesday - The One Unforgivable Sin

What does the Holy Spirit not do for you? If you're an NAR kind of charismatic that's a silly question. According to the NAR the Holy Spirit will do anything for you, from teaching you a language that no one (possibly including God) understands to killing you when someone waves a jacket at you. (Don't believe me? Watch Benny Hill Hinn in action)  To them the Holy Spirit can do anything and everything, all you have to do is name it and claim it. (See what I did there? 😊)

In the real world there is quite a bit that the Holy Spirit does not do for you. The Holy Spirit does not change your oil, fill your checkbook, or update your wardrobe. He is here to guide and comfort. He doesn't leave clouds, glitter, or feathers in his wake, He leaves encouragement and knowledge. Is claiming that the Holy Spirit does all the things that the New Age and NAR claims Him to do blasphemy? Blasphemy is the act or offense of speaking sacrilegiously about God or sacred things, so I supposed that if you're intentionally claiming that the Holy Spirit is doing your will to entertain and misinform other people then yeah it just might be blasphemy.


No comments:

Post a Comment